Question about Microwave Ovens
Within a week of installing this microwave.. This started to bubble, and continues to get worse. Any ideas? (It's been this way for years now) inside door is fine. Seems like a decorative sticker that we can't reach of course.. Thank you
This could be the protective film applied at the factory. Because it is old, it may or may not peel off.
Posted on Dec 09, 2014
Clean with lacQuer thinner and paint with appliance epoxy paint
Posted on Dec 09, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Actually if you can use a screwdriver you can fix this problem yourself. The glass can be accessed by taking off the screws holding the inside panel to the door on. The screws are visible. Once this panel is off you will see the screws that hold the plate glass in. Keep in mind that the gasket that goes around the glass and inside the door panel are there to keep microwaves from escaping. So in all this be sure to put it back in place right. I have fixed many doors and there really is nothing to mess up. Just put it back together the same way you took it off but in reverse of course. As far as cleaning the glass there is a product call Goof Off that comes in a spray. They sell it at Lowes or Home Depot either one. Use steel wool that you can get there as well and spray a generous amount on the steel wool until it drips slightly and not on the glass directly. Clean all the areas and kinda of use a dry rag to wipe off any excess. After you've taken care of the rust stains and are satisfied take a good glass cleaner like Windex and clean it like regular glass. Keep in mind that the whole door will come off and completely apart to get to both glasses and in between. I would comment additionally that what is in between the glass may be that way due to a leak through the gasket around between the inside and outside glass. However, inspect the gasket well and if you need to you can find a replacement through the dealer or manufacturer of that brand. Keep in mind also that leakage from the microwave door in any way could hurt someone with a heart pacemaker if they get close or someone else that has a battery in it such as people with embedded health units for muscles spasms after back surgeries and the like. Those are the most critical health issues to consider and to be sure that your gaskets are good.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
The paint or inside in my microwave oven was bubbling up. I didn't think much of it until my husband came down with tongue cancer. He didn't smoke or drink. The only thing that was strange was the way my microwave was bubbling up inside. We were given very grim news, but in time and by swithcing hospitals, my husband is now ok and has been cancer free for 5 years. If ever my microwaves start blubbling up, I throw them out, it wasn't worth the health hazards.
Posted on Aug 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2008 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Mar 17, 2012 | Sharp R-405H 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Mar 02, 2012 | GE JVM1640 Microwave Oven
Apr 07, 2011 | Sharp R305KS Microwave Oven
Mar 05, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 24, 2009 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
Dec 19, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 24, 2008 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Feb 17, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S763BF Microwave Oven
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!