Question about Craftsman Saws

Open Question

I need a switch/trigger for my Craftsman Model 315.10851 Circular saw

Original Sears part number: Switch PART NUMBER: 2-611159-01. I have a picture if needed.

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Sears Craftsman 71/4 " circular saw, model number is; 31510864 which is no longer supported by Sears. My trigger (on/off) switch has gone bad and am looking for the part number and hope...

I don't know if this will help you but I have found in the past that craftsman and black & decker small power tools used the same switches. Hope this helps you. Thanks

May 17, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

I have an old Craftsman circular saw that needs a new switch ( Model 315.27802), part number is 2-622659-01. It appears that Sears no lomger carries the part. The saw is still good. Can another brand of...

It will probably be tough to find a dead one around with a good switch.You could rig a switch to it if you wanted to.Bring the old one with you and go looking for something similar.Is it a trigger switch?That would be very tough.If it is a regular on/off switch,slide type,there may be power ratings requirements so that the switch doesn't burn out.Let me know if you need help determining a power rating.Good luck! Greg

Aug 13, 2010 | Saws

1 Answer

I have an older sears cicularsaw model 31511850 i need a switch but it is no longer available where do i look?

The trigger operated switch should be available if you look at the switch itself and read the numbers off of it and find it on the web, its a pain but it beats buying a new saw because a cheap switch failed.

Jun 17, 2010 | Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw...

1 Answer

THe switch operates backwards.When you push the power switch in, it stops.When you release the switch it starts.I think maybe someone rewired it for a tablesaw.It's a model 315.27891 like new condition but...

Go to and enter the complete model number minus the decimal point. You will get a series of drawings listing all replaceable parts--the switch among them. Items can be be bought from the site. Good luck!

Mar 09, 2010 | Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw...

2 Answers

Need substitute switch part for sears saw

Sorry , but go buy a new saw. Your not going to find an aftermarket
dealer that carries this switch.

Trying to rig some other switch is not worth the trouble over buying a new one. If the switch is not available, then the saw is old.


Craftsman Evolv 12 Amp 7-in Circular Saw 35.00 dollars.

Feb 15, 2010 | Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw...

2 Answers

Craftsman # 315,10851 7 1/4 inch circular saw.

In the past I have clamped a pair of vice grips on the old blade so I could remove the bolt from the arbor.

Sep 12, 2009 | Saws

1 Answer

Craftsman radial arm miter saw parts discontinued

Any hardware or home improvement store will have a replacement.

Jul 22, 2009 | Craftsman Saws

1 Answer

I have a 7 1/4 milwaukee circular saw.It won't start up.I've replaced brushes but won't start.What could be the problem?

Could be quite a few, what is the model number. Do you have a volt ohms meter, if so check the cord first (UNPLUG) and across the switch then lock the switch on and check the brush holder leads. If you loose continuity anywhere in this process that is probably the problem. What did the brushes look like, did the mating surface look smooth or burnt. Let me know and I will try and help also give me the model number and brand, the header has 2 listed.

Jul 10, 2009 | Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Saws Logo

Related Topics:

158 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Craftsman Saws Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4336 Answers

Are you a Craftsman Saw Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides