Question about Tally Office Equipment & Supplies
The printer start after I change the fuse from power supplied. After that the printer start to do internal test.After test the printer show the error messages Hardware alarm error +0001 +131--- 000002 +5100 +2402
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hardware alarm
One likely cause is a blocked optical sensor . Try these three things, in order, and check the printer after each:
- Pick up the printer, turn it upside down, and shake it. If 40 pounds is too much for you to lift, get a friend to help. Or, better yet, get a friend to do it without your help.
- Using an air compressor with a blow gun attachment, direct air to the paper path entry and exit, and to the sides of the platen. Then look for torn-off tractor feed bits of paper in the crevices. You may need tweezers or needle-nose pliers.
- Take the cover off and repeat the previous step with the air compressor. This is tricky. Use this as a last resort, as the printer may not be usable after a troublesome disassembly. Do this only if you're going to have to replace it otherwise.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Calibrating the temperature resolves the THS error in most cases.
The ‘Temp Cal’ functions can be carried out in the following way;
· Start with the printer powered OFF and at normal room temperature
· Hold down the ONLINE and SETUP button and power the printer back on
· Keep the ONLINE and SETUP button held down until the display reads ‘PRINT TEMP. CAL’ along the top line
· Press the button under ‘TEMP CAL’ (button 3)
· Using buttons 2 or 3 change the Temp Setting to match the temperature of the room the printer is used in (change this value by at least 1 degree even if it is correct to force the printer into recalibrating.
· Then press SET to save the settings.
If the printer continues to display the THS error, the problem can be caused by;
Incorrectly seated print head
Damaged or incorrectly seated head cable
Fault with Main Board, Interconnect Board or the print head.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
it sounds as if this will be a problem with a board and you will need to have it replaced
Posted on Jun 20, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2018 | Hisense Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2014 | Printronix P7000 FormLine PN P700502...
Jun 14, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 08, 2010 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Mar 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 27, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8560DN Printer
Mar 17, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jan 23, 2008 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: