Question about Computers & Internet
Everything the manual says to try. I have three connections that say "excellent". The first one says "Security WPA2 PSK". Then it requests a password. I have no idea what the password is.
You can probably find the password in the setup manual/instructions that came with your modem/router.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 16, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
normally, if you configure the wireless security settings wirelessly, it will automatically disconnect you from the network. you have to input the security key on the laptop first before it connects you back to the network.
i suggest, if you really like to configure the settings of your router, get an ethernet cable, connect it directly to the laptop so you can access and configure the router settings and to avoid from being disconnected
Posted on May 30, 2008
This problem is with the firmware of your router so the best thing to do to correct this is to update the firmware of the router and you can get it from Dlink web site...
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
Check for the password on the router configuration page to make sure tat you are using the correct one:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.0.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router (User Name = admin Password = password unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the Key that has a black dot before it.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
Enter the same password on IPOD to connect to the wireless network.
Rate it,if it helps.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
To configure your router, open your web browser. Type the default IP address (http://10.0.0.2) into the Location field of your browser and press the Enter key. A Login screen will appear. Use the below to log into your router.
The default user name is admin
The default password is zoomadsl
You click on the icon labeled Wireless at the top of the screen.
Set the Wireless status drop down menu to Enable
The SSID will be set to zoom by default. You probably want to change that since everybody will know this type of network.
You can Hide the SSID if you would like by choosing True on the Hide SSID option. This will make it harder for people to know how to connect to your network. Just remember that you will not be able to see this as well.
Under the Encryption you will need to pick your Encryption type. If you pick WEP-64 bit then you will want to click the Passphrase box and place your passphrase and have it generate a random key. If the Default Key is set to 1 then you would use the Key1 key. Make sure you click on the Save Changes so that it keeps these setting.s
Hope that helps!
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
SOURCE: My new router WRT120N drops
to be more sure you can use wpa personal because wpa2 is not compatible with all of the wireless apdaptes, you can also upgrade the firmware of the router,
>>go to homesupport.cisco.com and download the latest firmware for the router and it will fix all the issue that you have
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2017 | Internet Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2014 | Amazon Kindle Fire HD
Feb 03, 2013 | Cell Phones
Apr 24, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
There may be many reasons for this. Please check the following things one by one.
1. If you have another known good laptop then try it with your wi-fi router. See if the wi-fi router is able to connect to the internet
2. If you don't have another laptop then use an ethernet cable (RJ45) cable to connect to the wi-fi router. See if this helps.
3. While connected with the wi-fi router see if you can access the router. open any internet browser and type 192.168.0.0. you should get the router page. If you don't get then you have to configure the router first.
4. Check the internet settings of your browser. There will be "internet options" or similar in the menu of your browser. Click that. In the GUI you will get "connections" tab. Click that and select the proper wi-fi setup.
Jul 28, 2011 | Sylvania G-Netbook
If you're using your HTC Wildfire for the first time, you can easily select the Wi-Fi network you'd like to join using the setup manager.
When you opt in for either Mobile Network or Wi-Fi, or just Wi-Fi, the Wildfire will by default try to connect to a Wi-Fi network near you.
Select the network you wish to connect to, enter the password if required and you're set up.
If you want to change the settings, or set it up for the first time, you can do this through the Settings menu.
Note: If you're attempting to access a network-based page or app, you may be required to set up a new Wi-Fi connection. When prompted, select the option to set up a new connection.
If Wi-Fi is turned off, you can now turn this on by ticking the box in the Wireless & networks menu.
Jul 28, 2011 | HTC Wildfire Cell Phone
Apr 28, 2011 | Motorola Mobility Defy Cell Phone
Mar 16, 2011 | Google Android
Mar 26, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: