Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
I just bought a Canon MX310 and it works fine if connected directly to the PC USB port.
When I connect it to a DLink DP-301U print server, I cannot print from the PC to the printer. The print job is sent to the print server, but it seams that the MX310 does not recognize what the print server is sending to it.
I used to have an HP All-In-On printer connected to this same print server via the USB interface, and it worked fine for more than 3 years.
I got my dp-301u to work fine with my hp1020 on 2 different
workstations with the following steps.
1. install printer locally via usb and test.
2. create a second printer as per the dlink manual creating a port. don't worry about the name as we will delete it.
3. once created go into the properties of the 2nd printer and change the port to something local - anything will do to free up the port.
4. go into the properties of the printer that was created in step 1. and change the port to that of the print server.
5. test print. should work fine.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2011 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jun 11, 2011 | Canon imageCLASS MF6550 All-In-One Laser...
HERE IS THE LINK FOR PRINTER IS OFFLINE ISSUE:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx310#ServiceAndSupport click on service and support please Enter Your Question:
type in printer is offline and then search
click on Error: printer is offline
you will have these 5 solutions after clicking on it.
Jun 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jan 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Dec 20, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 06, 2007 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
2,245 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: