Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
I just bought a Canon MX310 and it works fine if connected directly to the PC USB port.
When I connect it to a DLink DP-301U print server, I cannot print from the PC to the printer. The print job is sent to the print server, but it seams that the MX310 does not recognize what the print server is sending to it.
I used to have an HP All-In-On printer connected to this same print server via the USB interface, and it worked fine for more than 3 years.
I got my dp-301u to work fine with my hp1020 on 2 different
workstations with the following steps.
1. install printer locally via usb and test.
2. create a second printer as per the dlink manual creating a port. don't worry about the name as we will delete it.
3. once created go into the properties of the 2nd printer and change the port to something local - anything will do to free up the port.
4. go into the properties of the printer that was created in step 1. and change the port to that of the print server.
5. test print. should work fine.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | Parallel USB Print Server 2 Port USB&1...
Nov 27, 2013 | Linksys Wireless-G WPS54GU2 Print Server
Sep 08, 2011 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jun 11, 2011 | Canon imageCLASS MF6550 All-In-One Laser...
Apr 24, 2009 | D-Link DP 300U (DP-300U) Print Server
Jan 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 11, 2008 | D-Link Air Plus DP-G310 (dpg-310) Print...
Mar 28, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 06, 2007 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
2,310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: