Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power at microwave. Plug fine. Query internal fuse? Location of fuse?

Unplug repowered up

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 35,672 Answers

The fuse is inside. The outer cabinet has to be removed to gain access.

Posted on Dec 08, 2014

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: delonghi combi microwave

It may be the internal fuse, or the thermal fuse / thermostat / thermal cutout on the magnetron. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Posted on Sep 23, 2007

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Microwave went dead

A microwave can be dead for many reasons.

It may be the fuse, which is usually located behind the grille or on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.

If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.

If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.

Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

You should also check the high voltage rectifier diode to be sure it's not shorted too: http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html (if it is NOT shorted, it's probably fine)

If it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.

If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.

You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.

If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here. You can order Panasonic parts from Tritronics, but if you don't find what you're looking for there, try here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Nov 07, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: My sharp carousel II microwave doesn't seem to

Is it dead, meaning no display, no light when you open the door and no beeps when you press a pad on the keypad?

We have the relevant service / repair manuals for this model and have uploaded it to our site here and here to help you.

They will give you safety info, step by step help in disassembly, troubleshooting tips, and part numbers.

Most computers will open these documents automatically, but you may need the free Adobe Reader

I would suspect the 20A ceramic line fuse or the magnetron temperature fuse.

You can order parts from Encompass here or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.

20A ceramic fuses are available at local appliance part stores or places like Wal-Mart and Lowe's.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jun 04, 2009

wiznet2000
  • 86 Answers

SOURCE: keeps blowing fuses

This problem is just like my own microwave, replace the shorted HV capacitor

Posted on Jul 27, 2009

garing
  • 998 Answers

SOURCE: Sharp Carousel R-1470A Over the range microwave-

check fuse

Posted on Aug 12, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Reset button


Unplug,then plug back in,wait 10 minutes,or try another outlet,circuit breaker could of turned off at control panel in house,reset it.

Mar 04, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power


CHECK INTERNAL FUSE AND OTHER CIRCUIT

Jan 06, 2014 | CDA Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Whirlpool gold YGH5184XPS-0 fuse location, I believe i blew a fuse and cant find the location, the thing worked fine and then i shut the door and lost all power, either the door latch is broken or the...


Mike - Unplug the unit and unscrew about 4 screws on the top and then the side panel and the fuse will be in that location.

Note: If the fuse looks brown, it's definetly blown, you can get the same fuse at your local Radio Shack for about $0.97. hope this helps

Aug 14, 2012 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Model #PLMV169DCD Power stopped..source checked and is fine Is there an internal reset?


Almost all microwaves are internally fused (automotive style fuse with a ceramic case). They are only a couple of dollars at an appliance parts store get one with the same amp/volt rating which is stamped on the metal band at each end of the fuse. However, if the fuse blows repeatedly, it is a sign of a failing magnetron "tube" which cooks the food. Be sure to unplug unit before changing this fuse and avoid contact with the capacitor(s) inside. They can still hold a charge even when unit is unplugged.

Feb 16, 2011 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave just stopped working. No problems until now. In the middle of cooking it just stopped. No display, no beeps, no bouttons working, no light inside. There is power to the outlet I can plug in...


for the microwave to stop suddenly it has blown its internal fuse this is located under the top panel of the unit it should be white with two silver tips ( ceramic fuse) in some cases the fuse will blow for no good reason on the other hand it can be a serious fault the fastest way to check this is to replace the fuse and re test the unit if the fuse blows instantly then bin the microwave if not it the fuse may have simply failed


best of luck always remember unplug the unit first and always replace with same size and and current fuse

please rank this advice if it helped you

Dec 28, 2010 | Kenmore 80402 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven just went dead, no lights, no power etc. checked power source and everything works fine. Sharp Model R-9H66. looking for repair in spokane , WA..can you help?


Possibly the internal fuse. Unplug unit, remove all case screws on the back of the micro. Slide the case toward the back and remove. Look for a glass tube type fuse, simular to automotive fuses of the past. It should be located near the controls. If bad, the internal wire will be broken or burned, I have been able to find replacements at Radio Shack. Take the old one with you. If the fuse is good, I'm sorry, it's beyond my microwave knowledge level.

Mar 03, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave shut off after microwaving two popcorns. what do i do? Did i break it?


unplug the microwave and plug something else into that outlet to be sure you have power there. If there is no power you will have to reset the circuit breaker or change the fuse in the electrical panel for the dwelling.

If the outlet is good most likely the internal fuse in the microwave will have to be replaced.

Oct 10, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S540 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Samsung Microwave


You may have a blown internal fuse. You''ll need to unplug the unit, remove the outside cover and follow the line cord and you should find the fuse.

Replace it with the EXACT same value that was labeled on the original fuse. You'll probably be able to find a replacement at any Radio Shack store or hardware store.

Replace the cover and plug the unit back in. Hopefully nothing was damaged and the unit will play again.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Good luck!

- Jim

Feb 28, 2008 | Samsung SMH7174BC Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Fuse location on a KitchenAid Microwave


my kitchenaid microwave oven does not heat anymore
everything else works but it will not warm anything up

Jan 30, 2008 | KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

43 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76649 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...