Question about Televison & Video
Hello, please where can I get an acf paste in nigeria? Acf that can be used for rebonding loose tcp ( tape carrier pakage) on a pcb circuit like lcd panel source board.or if there is any other ways which I can used to re-solder tcp, I will very glad if I can get any help on this thanks. Yusuf
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I too have the same problem...Searched and waited long time for parts. I have replaced everything and the thing still flashes and goes blank but has sound. Not worth anymore stress. My neighbor is an electrical engineer who I used to think can fix anything. He too is baffled. My fix suggestion... Getting a new LCD (not a Sceptre) tonight...with an extended warranty...Sceptre (and their tech's) no help if you don't have a warranty. I learned my lesson!
Posted on Jul 09, 2008
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
SOURCE: power supply issues
hi there, i recommend replacing the entire board. once you have a short like this, the micro board itself will become useless. the thin micro circuitry has become separated within the layers, preventing a closed current transfer. its best to order a new canvas so to speak.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2017 | Meade Optics
Aug 14, 2014 | Sony Icfcd815 Cd Clock Radio
Jun 05, 2014 | Polaroid Televison & Video
Aug 04, 2013 | Music
Jun 02, 2011 | Meade 12 Inch LX200ACF Advanced Coma Free...
Feb 21, 2010 | Meade 8" LX90 LNT Schmidt Cassegrain...
Mar 11, 2009 | Meade LX200GPS Telescope
Feb 12, 2009 | Meade Optics
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!