I have a piano made by Laffargue piano co ewyork. The serial number is 70805. The piano has Seaverns written on it. Can you tell me the age of my piano please?
(1905)!! Please Read On How To Tell How Old Your Piano Is !! I Learned This From Grandma !!
Piano serial numbers usually have five to seven digits, but may have fewer or more, depending on the manufacturer and age of your piano. Serial numbers may also include a letter as well.
Here are the TOP FIVE places to locate the serial number of your spinet, console, or upright piano:
Serial number locations are found:
1) On the piano's cast iron plate. After lifting up the lid, look along the top front area of the plate. The serial number may be to the right or the left, or in the middle.
2) Under the opened lid on the ledge, stamped on a little plaque, to the right or to the left.
3) Stamped on the back of the piano; near the top of the wood frame.
4) Printed on one of the hammers, found on either end of the piano (newer or imported pianos).
5) Printed on one the keys - behind the nameboard, inside the piano (newer or imported pianos)
Aug 25, 2017 |