Question about 2wire Computers & Internet
Previously it was configured with bsnl internet how to reconfigure with tikona
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I belive with this modem you will:
1.Access the interface, generally http://192.168.1.1/
2. Go to Advanced on the left.
3. Select WAN.
4. Now you may see several rows of info, look for the one that says PPPoE, and then click edit to the far right.
5. Select Next one time.
6. Here select "BRIDIGING".
7. Click next all the way to the end.
8. Reboot, after you clicked save of course.
This is how you bridge 98% of PPPoE providers with a similar paradign modem.
Of course the next device in line will have to provide your username and password for your DSL connection.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
SOURCE: BEETEL 220BX ROUTER
First login to your Router using default username and password
2. Click on WAN on the left side menu
3. You'll have options to add or remove configurations.
4. Please select and remove the bridge config as BSNL does not support Bridge.
5. Please click edit on the existing PPPoE Airtel Configuration
6. Set the VPI=0 and VCI=35 (for Airtel it would be 1,32) and click next
7. Select PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) and encapsulation type: LLC/Snap Bridging and click next
8. Enter the following details:
PPP Username: Your bsnl username (no need to add dataone.in)
PPP Password: Your bsnl password
PPPoE Service Name: DataOne
Authentication Method: Select CHAP
9. Check the Enable IGMP Multicast Option
Check Enable WAN Service Option
Enter the Service Name as Dataone
10. Click Next and Save. You should also save and reboot your modem.
If doing the above does not works, check if you have anything set Under TR-069 Client and remove all entries in this section however it may not allow you to save so you may just put the ACS URL as ( it won't accept this field to be blank so just enter any thing, I entered http://bsnl). Save and reboot the router. Should be online now.
let me know if anyone benefited from the above information - firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
This sounds like you need to set up your main gateway or WAN port settings on the datatone to match what your ISP provides? Is it possible to get suggested settings from the ISP?
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
to connect your xbox live wireless to 2wire gateway router you need to go to your xbox menu and click on settings then click A on joystick.Go to network settings then select ip address configure automatic ip. DNS should also be automatic. Under advance tab you'll see wireless you need to click connect.if you are prompt to wype encryption its the 10 digit number enclosed in a bracket on the buttom of 2wire router go to
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 12, 2011 | 2wire (2701HG-B) Wireless Router
Aug 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Dec 28, 2009 | 2wire Computers & Internet
Sep 28, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Jun 16, 2009 | 2wire Wireless-G 802.11g ADSL Gateway
Apr 11, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Feb 08, 2008 | Paradyne (6211-A2-200) Router
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!