Good Day Atzkie!
The error 5B00 in Canon MX328 is a waste ink tank full. The printer detected the number of times that the cartridge has been refilled and counted the volume of the waste ink that flows out from the cartridge to the absorber pads.
You can clear the error on the printer using a MP reset tool. This tool will reset the counter for the waste ink tank.
First of all you will need to download this MP328 tool and run it on your system.
To download, go to http://www.ziddu.com/download/15321203/MP328.exe.html
Click the download button, then, enter the verification code before hitting another download button.
Click the save button to start downloading.This is the procedure:Connect first your printer directly to your computer via usb cable.
1. Make sure the printer is recognized by your computer.
2. Make sure that printer is set as default printer.Set your printer in to Service Mode
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold down STOP/RESET button (red circle with inverted triangle)
3. While holding down STOP/RESET button, press and hold down ON button (power on button)
4. Release the STOP/RESET button while holding still the ON button.
5. While holding down ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button
6. Release the ON button.
(On LCD control panel it will display Service Mode. Wait for a few seconds to display "IDLE" - that is the time when printer is set to Service Mode)
After setting the printer into service mode, run the MP328 tool.Run MP328 Tool
1. From your download folder. Double click the MP328.exe to display the Service Tool window.
2. Once Service Tool window appear, press the MAIN
(It will take sometime to finish the transaction. You will see that the "IDLE" message disappear during the process. You will hear sounds from a series of movement inside the printer. Once finished, it will display "A function was finished") Click the button
3. Press the EEPROM Clear
(It will take only a few seconds to finished the process)
3. Lastly, press the EEPROM
(It will take only a few seconds to finished the process)After the procedure has finished, close the service tool window and restart your printer. On your printer, it will ask you to set the language and country for final setup.
That's it Atzkie, that will fix your 5B00 problem.
If my solution was helpful, please feel free to accept my solution by pressing the YES