Question about Husqvarna Garden
New belts x 4 .a new idler pullys. Any help please. Thanks. Eamonn
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
part # 94-8812 is traction belt 106-4498 auger belt
There is a service bulltin on this I have not seen this yet, Ill paste it for you to look at .
this was issued dec 22-2003 you would think that it would have shown up as a problem by now.
UNITS AFFECTED: Model Number(s): Serial Number(s):
38621 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38635 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38645 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
SUBJECT: Traction belt jumps off the pulley.
SITUATION: Incorrect pulley alignment causes the traction belt to jump off, usually when the drive is disengaged or as a hill is crested.
1. Remove the belt cover, engine belt guide and the bolt securing the crankshaft pulley.
2. Remove the auger brake assembly.
3. Remove the crankshaft pulley and the auger belt.
4. On the left side of the machine, remove the hair pin cotter from the speed control link and slide the link out of the pulley pivot assembly. The traction belt can now be removed.
5. Shorten the pulley half nearest the engine (PN 106-7334) shown in Fig 1. Grind or machine 1/8” (.125”/3.2mm). from the hub end of the pulley. The new finished length of the pulley half should be 1.07” (2.7cm).
6. Chamfer the bore to ensure the pulley fully contacts the shoulder on the crankshaft. You can send the pulley to an outside machine shop if you do not feel that you can modify the pulley in house.
7. Reinstall the pulley with a new traction belt.
A. Chamfer edge after grinding/machining.
B. Remove 1/8”.
C. Masking tape used as a reference line.
8. With the engine off, engage both the traction and auger levers and inspect the alignment of both the auger and traction belt idler pulleys (Fig. 2). Since we have moved the crankshaft pulley it may be necessary to bend the idler arms slightly to center the belts. Adjust as needed.
9. Install the engine belt guide and test operate.
10. Install the belt covers.
PARTS: P/N 94-8812 Traction Belt
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
SOURCE: Craftsman Model 917.276641.
Do you see a belt diagram posted on the deck somewhere? If you do follow it. One very important thing to remember with belts is the v-pulleys accept the v-portion of the belt and the flat pulleys accept the flat side of the belt. If I can be of more help please feel free to mail me.Donnyb60
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
Get the model number off the tractor, go to:
enter the model number and you will find a manual with pictures of how to route the belts along with a lot of other good information
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Murray Garden
May 10, 2016 | Garden
Mar 20, 2016 | Poulan Garden
Mar 29, 2015 | Husqvarna Garden
Oct 14, 2014 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Nov 20, 2010 | Maytag Dryer Idler Pulley for Large...
Jul 02, 2009 | Craftsman 20 hp 42 in. Deck Yard Tractor
May 28, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Nov 30, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Apr 06, 2008 | Dryers
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: