Question about Amana Washing Machines
WELL IT IS POSSIBLE THE SECOND CONTROL BOARD WAS BAD ALSO? A 6 YEAR OLD WASHER IS YOUNG U CAN GET A GOOD 10-15 YEARS OUT OF A WELL KEPT WASHER.
Posted on Dec 05, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I too had the Lr problem on my Maytag MAH5500B. We had it fixed once when it was still under warranty but when it appeared again this summer, I was told that it would cost at least $500 to repair -- in other words, get a new one.
With nothing to lose, I simply unplugged the unit, opened the front and reset (as in pull out and re-insert) the jumpers to the control unit on the bottom right. It's been working fine since and I run it at least twice a week. I noticed that the Lr error would appear when I interrupt the wash cycle once it begins. When the error message appears, I simply unplug it, wait a few minutes and start it up again.
It is after all, a computer...and all computer could use a reset once in a while.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
The following list of codes indicates a possible electronics communication problem with the washer:
Cabrio washer - F1, F2, F40, F41, F42, F50, F51, F52, F53, F54, F72
To remove the error display, press Pause/Cancel twice.
PLACEHOLDER FOR ART
If Pause/Cancel does not work:
Please do not forget to rate and comment about your experience with fixya today.
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
SOURCE: F D/L and F11 error codes
I have a Kenmore (Whirlpool) front loader He3t that begin having the same problem after 2 years. I researched the problem and tried everything. The door lock mech. and all wiring was fine. Finally I stumbled upon a way to clear the error. (It still shows up once in a while.) The following has worked for me CONSISTENTLY about 25 times.
1) Remove top washer cover.
2) Disconnect the connector for the door switch on the control box.
3) Reach around and push any cycle button (normal, delicate, etc.)
4) Now hit the Cancel button.
5) Reconnect the door switch connector to the control box.
6) Reach around and push any button again. The clicking stops for me.
7) Replace the washer cover and use normally.
Hope this works for someone else!
There must be something getting latched up in the control board. And it gets reset.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
It's a bad wax motor inside the door latch. The diagnostics are buggy and do not test it properly. It should measure about 1.5K ohms, and when 120 VAC is applied to it, it should extend in about a minute. Part number 12002535 is $10 to $15.
Posted on May 14, 2009
"F11" is a Serial Communications error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and Motor Control Unit (MCU). The CCU is the main computer for the washer and is located directly behind the wash tub. The MCU is the Drive Motor Control board and is located in the rear of the washer adjacent to the Drive Motor on the left-hand side (facing from the rear with the back panel removed). The wiring harness can also cause the error, but it is not as common a problem.
Whirlpool is the manufacturer of both model washers and recommends the following troubleshooting advice. Remove the top panel of the washer by removing the three screws holding it in place in the rear. Once the screws are removed, the panel slides back, then off. Remove the rear panel of the washer for access to the drive motor and MCU. Now check the following:
- Check the wire harness connections between the CCU, the MCU and Drive Motor. Make sure all connections are attached and making good contact. Check for any broken wires or connector pins.
- Check the Drive Motor to see if it free spins and that the belt is still attached and not slipping. If the motor is seized, replace it. If the belt is broken or worn, replace it as well.
- Check the MCU. Connector 1 is the Serial Communications Link between the MCU and CCU. Connector 2 is the connector to the drive motor. Resistance checks across pins 1, 2, & 3 are the motor windings. Connector 3 is the power supply - 120VAC should be read across pins 1 and 2 with the door in the locked position. NOTE: The connectors are read 1, 2, and 3 from the bottom to the top with the MCU installed.
- Check the CCU. Verify connectors 7 and 11 are properly installed. Facing from the front of the washer, connector 7 is the 4th connector from the RIGHT along the front. This is MCU Power. Connector 11 is the Serial Communications link from the CCU to the MCU and is located along the left hand side of the CCU (the connectors are numbered 11 through 14 back to front).
- Check the Drive Motor. Remove the connector and perform resistance checks on the motor connector pins. Readings across pins 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 1 to 3 should read 6 ohms.
In most cases this is an indication of a failed CCU. This is an easy repair that the average do-it-yourselfer can accomplish on their own. If the washer is still under a warranty, parts and labor would be covered. With no warranty, a replacement parts will vary in price depending on where you get them. There are several good websites available that you can order parts on line and have shipped directly to you.
NOTE: Remove all the connectors from the CCU ONE AT A TIME and reconnect to see if the error code goes away BEFORE you decide to purchase a new one. It is not common, but sometimes a flaky connection can generate error codes.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.!!!!
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Dec 29, 2009 | Amana Washing Machines
Nov 25, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 23, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Jun 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 12, 2009 | Amana Washing Machines
Dec 10, 2007 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Sep 25, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: