Question about Canon DR Office Equipment & Supplies
P007 indicates that a document has jammed before exiting the registration post sensor. Make sure the path is clear and no staples are stuck in the rollers. I like to use a microfiber cloth, with a small amount of 50/50 alcohol on it, to wipe down the entire feed path; top and bottom. The microfiber cloth will grab staples that may be wedged between the rollers/roller openings. Beyond that, it could be a timing issue from a bad/loose drive belt. Actually, there are quite a few things that could cause a paper jam before exiting the post registration sensor. Wipe it down and let me know.
Posted on Jan 24, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are sensors in the paper path. Just blow air to ensure that there is no shreds of paper is blocking the sensor.
S. Mohan, Chennai
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
SOURCE: Canon Dr-9080C scanner
to check the page count install the driver and setup the scanner as a "scanner device" on your computer. Once you have done that , go to the "control panel" than "scanners and printers". Right-click on the device that says "Cannon DR-9080C" and select "properties". The device information will appear, than select the "counter" tab on the information box; the scan count will be listed.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
SOURCE: Canon DR-3080cii paperjam
The 3 paper sensors are located along the center of the paper path. They are: Registration (lever type) on the bottom between separation & registration. Look for lever damage or torn paper. Scan Start (reflective) on the top between registration & front reading roller. Clean the sensor window with qtip & alcohol. Delivery (lever) at the eject roller. Same as reg, but harder to see due to location.The feed roller exchange kit is 6915A001. The rollers in this machine are not considered user replaceable.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
I finally solved my problem. Now it works like new.
- The spring that returns the next sheet detector (small black plastic rocker arm between the two rollers on the back side) came off. So the scanner cannot detect transition from one page to the next. This spring is located inside the device and you cannot fix it from the outside.
- You know if you have this problem if you don't hear a "click" sound after each page is scanned. Without the spring attached the rocker will not return on every page. When it doesn't return the scanner think it is still on the first page and will not scan the next page. The "click" after each page is NORMAL. Without the click is the first sign your spring came off.
Solution (Only recommended for people handy with hardware and the unit is no longer under warranty)
1. Turn off power and unplug the device.
2. Pop off the plastic cover to the back of the scanner
3. Remove the screws that holds the plastic cover to the back.
4. Remove the screw by pushing on the retainer clips. DO NOT loosen any gears or motors.
5. Locate the rocker arm and re-connect the (very small) spring
6. Warning - if the LED light pipe falls out be careful how you put it back. This is a transparent widget at the top to route a LED light to the top of the device to indicate the power on status.
Sorry I didn't take pictures. If this sounds too complicated, send it to Canon for repair. Took me about a day to figure out exactly what was wrong and how to disassemble the scanner to fix it.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Disconnect the scanner from the Comp, Try 'page counting'. If the papers go through, then you know feed mechanism is okay. if the tray is not lifting, then you have a problem. Use Qumatool software and check if the tray is lifting. If the scanner tray if lifting then the motor is okay, if not, the lifting motor may need a check.If the motor is okay, but tray not lifting means the sensor in the paper tray is faulty. Check this out.
S. Mohan, Chennai, India
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2017 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2014 | Canon imageFORMULA DR-G1100 Production...
First Step : Set The Canon PIXMA MP287 To Service Mode. To do that, follow this step, it's so easy.
Second STEP : Reset Canon PIMA MP287 Using Resetter. Open the mp287.exe, and then follow this step.
Jul 05, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 22, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP610 InkJet Printer
Apr 14, 2008 | Canon DR-9080C Path-Through Scanner
Mar 13, 2008 | Canon DR-9080C Path-Through Scanner
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!