Question about Computers & Internet
There can be several reasons why Google Chrome may be crashing on your computer. One of the main reasons can be your browser user profile is corrupted. You can try creating a new browser user profile and see if that resolves the issue. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
1. Exit Google Chrome completely.
2. Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E simultaneously.
3. Go to the address bar of Windows Explorer and enter the following address:
For Windows XP users:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
For Windows Vista/ 7/ 8 users:
4. Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
5. Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
The following link can be helpful:
You may also have a look at the following links:
Posted on Dec 02, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Apr 02, 2014 | Google AdSense
Jun 21, 2009 | Facebook Social Network
Mar 16, 2009 | Computers & Internet
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!