Your TV must receive a digital signal in order for the DTV option to be available. Since you are not seeing all of the channels when you auto scan then it can be assumed that the signal cable connected to your set is not providing the digital signal. Make sure you are scanning for the proper source of your signal ( Cable TV, Broadcast TV)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have a different model but it would be similar source - dtv second button from bottom channel top two buttons moves option or press source button press vol - to enter it press menu button auto channel will be highlighted already press vol - to select it
You should be able to get OTA (over the air broadcast) just make sure you have an antenna plugged in and that the tuner is set to AIR.
Setting the Tuner Mode
If you are using a device that is connected to the RF input, such
as an external antenna or cable TV connection, you must set the
1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu is
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight the
Settings icon and press OK. The Settings menu is displayed.
3. Highlight Tuner and press OK. The Tuner Mode menu is
4. Highlight Antenna or Cable and press OK.
5. Press the EXIT button on the remote.
Scanning for Channels
Before the TV can detect and display channels and their
associated information, you must scan for channels. A channel
scan may also be necessary when the TV has been moved to an
area where different free-to-air broadcast television channels are
1. From the Tuner Settings menu,
highlight Auto Channel Scan.
The auto channel scan begins.
2. Wait until the channel scan is
100% complete. Highlight Done
and press OK.
3. Press the EXIT button on the
Try checking the signal strength then run the scan again. Checking the DTV signal strength
You can check the DTV signal strength to determine if you need to adjust your antenna or digital cable input. The higher the signal strength, the less likely you are to experience picture degradation.To check the DTV signal strength:
1.Press MENU. The on-screen menu opens.
2.Press < or > to highlight Channel, then press v. The Channel menu opens. The DTV signal strength is shown at the bottom of the menu.
Please follow these instructions to manually/automatically update the digital (DTV) channels on the Samsung LE26R73BD.
Please use the following buttons on your Samsung remote control to navigate the on-screen menus:
- "D.MENU" - Opens/closes the on-screen menu (below the numerical key "0") - DIRECTIONAL ARROW KEYS - To navigate up/down/left right through the on-screen menus - "ENTER/OK" - Selects/confirms a selected option (in the centre of the arrows)
Automatic Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Auto Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Start Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 21 . . ." 10. Highlight "End Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 69 . . ." 11. Highlight "Start Frequency" again and then press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan.
Some of the options above will already be selected so will not need to be changed. I've provided the correct settings just in case they are incorrectly set. Note: UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive.
The scan will take a few minutes to complete and the progress will be displayed. When the channel scan is complete, the menu should close automatically and the TV will return to viewing mode. If not, press either the "D.MENU" or "EXIT" button to return to watching TV.
Manual Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Manual Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Channel Number" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to choose which channel number you wish to scan . . .
UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive. In manual tuning mode, these need to be scanned one at a time. Please note, many of these channels are "empty". UK Freeview only uses 5 of these channels (called Multiplexes or MUX) or 6 if you have HD. I am unable to tell you which 5 channels these are as they vary according to whichever transmitter or repeater station your aerial is aligned to.
10. Press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan. 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additonal channel you wish to scan.
Please note: Manual scanning can cause some unexpected results - particularly if your aerial has a reception from more than one transmitter/repeater. For this reason it is better to use the automatical scan unless you have a specific reason for needing to scan manually.
Hopefully this will be all you need to update the digital channels on your TV. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.
You either set the options incorrectly when running the "First Time Setup" or you skipped the first time setup entirely. Even though the cable works with your older TV, you still need to setup your new TV correctly to receive the cable feed.
The quickest way to do this is run the setup manually from the menu as follows:
1. Turn the TV on 2. Press the "MENU" button on the remote 3. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "SETUP" (the arrows are the big ring button around "OK") 4. Press "OK" to enter the SETUP MENU 5. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "PROGRAM CHANNEL" 6. Press "OK" to enter the PROGRAM CHANNEL MENU 7. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow key to ensure "CABLE" is highlighted 9. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "AUTO" 10. Press "OK" to enter the AUTO SCAN MENU 11. Highlight "ALL CHANNELS" using the UP/DOWN arrows 12. Press "OK" to start the AUTO SCAN
The scan may take several minutes to complete.
13. Highlight "APPLY" using the the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys. 14. Press "OK" - all of the scanned channels will now be saved.
The TV should now return to viewing mode and you should be able to watch cable on your new TV. If the TV does not automatically exit the menu, simply press the "EXIT" key on the remote, next to the MENU button.
Please run through the above steps and if you are still unable to get the cable channels on your new TV, please post back for further assistance.
The antena hole input in the Converter box that where said the input source said Ant.,use a antena like a digital antena,roof antena or a rabit ear antena.Hook up ur source of the antena go in that hole.The hole input said out to tv in the Converter box,use a cable that was supply to u,came with the Converter box.Use that cable plug in the Conveter box tv hole said out to tv.The other end of that cable go to ur tv Ant. hole.Now u got it all hook up.Turn ur tv to channel 3 or 4 now u got a menu from the Converter box,go down to the highlight word said scan channels,push that highlight word.Ater the scan are finish,u will now get all the free DTV channels.
Your TV probably does not have a digital tuner connected to the DTV/ANT input. Mine didn't. I had to connect the digital antenna to a digital converter box THEN go to the DTV/ANT input. Only then would it activate the DTV menu and allow me to scan for channels. If your TV worked fine with Cable TV connected to the input, it was because your signal was coming from the digital tuner in your DVR, or your cable provider was sending you an unscrambled digital signal (not likely).
I used a digital converter box I had purchased with the government $40 coupon back in 2009 but the resolution is only 480 and looks like a Monet or Renoir. Now I am shopping for a high quality tuner.
Run a channel scan on the DTV and/or TV input depending on what one your not getting channels on. This will solve your issue.
Change the input on the unit to the DTV or TV input. Press the menu button on the remote. Navigate to the tuner DTV or TV tuner setup menu. Go down to auto search using the down arrow. go right when with auto search selected. This may take a few minutes but you should have all the channels back after the scan.