I have an ems.6 chair for bout 16 yrs, still works except the the band that goes around the bottom which makes the rollers go up and down pops off. (i took apart the back and whenever it put it back on, it just keeps popping off, when i use the rolling up and down feature. It stays on when i am only using the rollers.
I think maybe i might need a new band.
what do you guys think and if so, where can i find a new part to test out this theory?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
I had the same problem. It would pull backwards but not go forward. A closer examination revealed the clear plastic part on the bottom in the very front of the machine had popped loose on one side. If you look at the front of the machine, there is the clear plastic part on top where you see the dirty water being sucked up. The bottom half that creates the channel for the vacuum is where it came loose. It wouldn't create enough suction to draw the water up either. By taking out the two screws that hold the top part in place and removing it, I was able to snap the bottom back in. Works fine now. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
how is it connected to where is pops off does it need a new roller or bearing , I do not know anything about these chairs but if you look at it good and try to work it while watching it and see what makes it come off then you can pinpoint your problem ant take it from there you can prob fabricate something if you cannot fine the right part, good luck , post some Pics so I can see what is exactly happing ,
With vacuum laying flat with back facing up, remove the 5-6 screws from the bottom of the nozzle, turn on it's side, and pry into 2 slots on either end of the bottom of the nozzle to release the top cover. Lay vac flat on the floor/bench face up, remove the 2 small screws on either end holding the roller brush in place. Pop the belt end of the brush roll out of place, place new belt in, and simply reverse all previous instructions. With 30 yrs. experience dealing almost exclusively with the original Electrolux, I have a legitimate store front business and do service by mail at a reasonable cost if interested. email@example.com
Hope that helps! Mick
Check the wheels and axles for damage or bent shafts. Remove the bottom cover and inspect the brush roller for damage--breakage of the roller, bad or broken end bearings, missing brush sections, or something stuck to the roller like a wad of gum or something. Hope this helps!
If the Brushes don't rotate, & you have two brushes;
1). Turn unit on side. ( Make sure unit is up-pluged)
2). Rotate the front brush roller, if the second roller moves at same time,
3). Locate a small ribbed belt that goes from the further back roller, to a small ribbed pully. (Gates belt #177-3m5) ( on side under a clear cover)
The belt may not be broken, but may have carpet fuzz / lint covering the belt ribs, causing the belt to slip.
If that belt is OK and you find that the small pully doesn't turn the belt/rollers, the problem is with a small internal direct drive motor, that drives the brush rollers.
At this point return the unit, as Bissell has a design defect & is using cheap parts.
uh, probably not sure what the issue is, but
1. unplug unit.
2. Remove the multiple screws from the bottom of the unit.
3. remove the bottom baseplate (usually black)
4. the brush roll is now visible, and the belt should be around it.
5. Pull the brush roll away from the unit, and disengage the belt.
6. Replace in the opposite order. Make sure that baseplate fits properly to insure a good seal. Also watch the bumper (rubber part that is wrapped around the unit) to make sure it is properly seated.
7. Handroll the roller brush before plugging in. Make sure it moves freely.
8. Run unit, may get a slight burning smell, but if this continues for more than a minute - turn off and inspect the unit. Brush roll requires a short burn in time, on initial build, factory accomplishes this during test procedures.
Roomba has a problem identifying colors under certain situations. I've seen them freak out on a perfectly flat black-and-white checkerboard pattern. Sometimes they become "blind" due to this condition.
I can't tell what your specific problem is but you might try a small band of tape around the bottom of the chair legs in a color opposite what the chairs are now. Electrical tape comes in a few colors and is easy enough to use. Hope that helps.
orecks have a plastic fan inside and everything you pick up hits it, sometimes things can get stuck in there or break the fan locking up the motor. With the machine off, poke around where the dirt goes into the motor, behind the roller and see if you can pull anything out.
1. Unplug the vacuum 2. Take the bottom cover over the brush off by removing the 3 screws 3. Switch the brush roll control lever to bare floor 4. Take the roller brush out 5. Put the belt around the small pulley from the motor 6. As you are putting the roller brush back in put the belt around the space on the roller brush - center the belt on that space - THE BELT WILL NOT BE TIGHT BUT THAT'S NORMAL 7. Reinstall the bottom cover with the 3 screws
THE BELT DOES NOT GO AROUND THE SILVER PULLEY CONNECTED TO THE BRUSH ROLL CONTROL LEVER
definetley the belt if its the cannister vac like mine there is 2 screws on the bottom towards the back wheels take em out. on the side u have to pry open gently on the back side as well the top should come off and you should see a w plastic shroud around the roller there is a clip latch take the shroud off theres the belt
if not cannister vac on underneath the cover should have 4 or 5 little screws take em out under cover is the belt