Question about Microwave Ovens
Mircowave turntable rotates on start up and the complete system shuts down after approx 4 seconds....I'm getting hungry
When a microwave oven shuts down prematurely it is often due to a defective high voltage component such as the diode string, a high voltage capacitor or, more likely, a defective magnatron (microwave power generator). If your microwave oven is more than four years old, consider it a sign from God that recalcitrant electronic pariah has yet to burn your house down!
If you are a cheap weasle and willing to possibly die for hot food, you can buy a replacement magnatron and spring new life into that old, slime-filled microwave oven! It's ture! (I've done it.)
There are just four manufacturers in the world for such things and all of them do what they do far from American soil. For about $60 you can beget a repalcement magnatron then wade into the exciting world of microwave energy production, waveguide and antenna theory, and the wonders of high voltage power electronics. (I'd mention embedded microcontroller theory but everyone knows that today.)
On the other hand, a busy executive person or similar form of incurious being would have just gotten off the phone to Best Buy, having been imbued with the many exciting and wife-pleasing possibilites that are innately manifest in a microwave oven you have yet to own.
In short, all your hot food wants is money. Give it money and hot food will be yours again!
Posted on Nov 26, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: igniter goes on blower runs
there should be a flame detector sensor. it is in the flame. this will need to be cleaned with a wire brush or scrapped with something to get the carbon build up off of it.
you will see something that in in the flame area that is kind of charred and black with a wire coming out of it.
this is designed to tell the unit that there is a flame present and if that flame is not there after serveral attempts it will shut it down. because it there was no flame there you would get gas fumes pumped into you house.
you could change it out or usually you can just clean it and it will work fine.
hope this helps
Posted on Jul 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2015 | Kenmore Elite Black 1.5 Cu. Ft. Convection...
Sep 06, 2014 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven
Mar 09, 2012 | Panasonic NN-SN657S Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2010 | Frigidaire FMT148GP Microwave Oven
Oct 05, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 07, 2008 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven
Feb 04, 2008 | Dacor PMOR30SS Microwave Oven
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!