Question about Washing Machines
WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR
If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range (23°F to 217°F
[-5°C to 103°C]) during the water-heating step of the WASH cycle.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that connections to water heater & CCU (TH2 & HE2 cavities)
connectors are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal
pins are visible.
- Check continuity from the water heater sensor (black wires) to CCU
(TH2 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Check the resistance of heating element.
- Check the resistance of the water sensor.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect
power and wait for 15 seconds.
Water Temperature Sensor
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Disconnect the wire harness from the water temperature
sensor and measure the resistance of the sensor. Use the
following table. An abnormal condition is an open circuit =
infinity; Water Temperature Sensor must be replaced.
32°F (0°C) 35.9k ?
86°F (30°C) 9.7k ?
104°F (40°C) 6.6k ?
122°F (50°C) 4.6k ?
140°F (60°C) 3.2k ?
158°F (71°C) 2.3k ?
203°F (96°C) 1k ?
Posted on Nov 25, 2014
Testimonial: "Now whirlpool said change Harness . Than will ask change board . than washer ??????????????????"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2016 | Washing Machines
Nov 25, 2014 | Washing Machines
Nov 25, 2014 | Maytag Washing Machines
Apr 26, 2013 | Maytag MAH2400A Front Load Washer
Sep 07, 2011 | Whirlpool RF265LXT Range
Nov 22, 2010 | Whirlpool GBS277PDS Electric Single Oven
Oct 12, 2009 | Whirlpool RF462LXSB Electric Range
Dec 17, 2017 | Maytag Washing Machines
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!