Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Can I plug my HO-0250 into a power strip?

I have very limited outlets in my apt and need to use a power strip to plug my heater in. Are there any hazards involved in doing so?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 352 Answers

Yes, there are hazards. That is a 1500W heater which is about all that can be plugged into one circuit, and definitely all that can be plugged into one outlet. If you just must use an extension cord get one from the hardware store and be sure it uses 12 gauge wires.

Posted on Nov 25, 2014

Testimonial: "Thank you very much for responding and for your answer. This makes a little more sense to me now!"

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I pluged the heater in after sitting over the summer got it 7 months ago, it is making a noise like when you fry french fries model number ho-0250 h anyone know why this is

electric heaters sitting unused for long periods , collect dust on the elements and moisture from the atmosphere
when turned on the dust burns off and the elements crackle as the moisture boils off
it should stop after around 5 minutes but if it doesn't then the next step is to take it to an appliance repair shop for an electrical check

Oct 18, 2015 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Tv hums and no picture

why the hell did you do this.. the power surge is what killed the tv..dont ever mix appliances in this manner.. you just fried the tv..any electric heater will be plugged in to an outlet by itself.. NO OTHER EQUIPMENT on the same plug..this causes fires and equipment you found out..the power strip wont handle the heater..check the reset button on the power strip.but unplug the heater..

Jan 15, 2014 | LG EBR61100410 EAX567381031 42LF11-UA Main...

1 Answer

Lasko ceremic heater hot cord and melting

Yes it could be the outlet or the more likely wiring to it. If your apt has a maintenance preson have that person take a look if not call an electrician.

Dec 03, 2013 | Lasko 760000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater, 750...

1 Answer

I have completed the setup of my Day-Timer Mwave Tx12626x Timex Electronic 7 Day Timer. I turned on my television, then plugged it from the outlet, then plugged it into the timer. The TV will not turn on...

Open following link to identify your timer

1) Don't expect the timer to turn on the TV picture.
I have my TV plugged into power strip.
Each night the power strip is off. When power strip resumes next day, the TV is READY to be turned on with the remote control. The picture does not pop up when the power strip goes on.
Same is true for timer.
Try your power strip and see if picture turns on after power strip is turned off-on.
Timer will work same as on-off switch on power strip.

2) Is the power strip interfering with timer?
Plug timer directly into wall outlet and see what happens.
Add a comment and let others know what happened.

3) Battery: Timer requires 2-hours for initial battery charge.
Battery back-up protects programs when power is off.
I don't know if battery is made for repeated on-offs if you turn off power strip each night.
These batteries are not replaceable however timer has 1 year limited warranty.

4) Plug lamp into timer and see if timer operates lamp. This will say if TV electronics are interfering with timer operation.

5) Load: This timer says it is for appliances, which implies it should be rated typical 15A 1800 watt

Absolutely feel obligated to upvote the help.
Or take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.

May 04, 2011 | Day-Timer Mwave Tx12626x Timex Electronic...

1 Answer

My contractor just put one of these in for me today. I have noticed that the dial does not turn after thepower pack in plugged into the wall outlet. Power at the outlet is fine/ What gives?

You posted under Intermatic-malibu power packs.
There are no replacement clock motors.
Read manual for your specific product to see steps for resetting timer and see if that restores functionality.
Power packs have 5 year limited warranty.

Improvise by setting timer to override and plug power pack into cheap plug-in timer.

For information on Intermatic/Malibu power packs showing troubleshoot steps, replacement trippers, useful links, warranties and tips:

Apr 20, 2010 | Malibu ML200RT - Low Voltage Power Pack...

1 Answer

I need to wire a new pulg onto my heater

normally you will have four wires in the cord: a red, a black, awhite and a green. The red and black are the hot or power wires the white is the neutral and the green is ground. Purchase a plug that matches your outlet pattern (that will plug in). Shut off the circuit breaker that feeds the outlet and remove the cover. strip the insulation back on the cord, determine which wire goes to which lug or terminal and connect the wires to the plug. reassemble the outlet and the plug, turn on the circuit and test. If all of this is greek to you, call a local electrician and pay them the $50 to $80 to put the plug on for you, its safer that way.

Dec 17, 2008 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

My Lexmark x4270 scanner - printer displays "error #1200". Ho can I fix this? it plugged directly into the power outlet, not a power strip?

Aug 20, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts


Level 3 Expert

2463 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides