Question about Sewing Machines
THIS IS HARD W/O BEING THERE. ANYWAY HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:
1. REMOVE BOBBIN, CARRIER AND CLEAN AREA. OIL IN THE RACE (UNDER WHERE THE CARRIER GOES)-ONE DROP ONLY. TRY TO HAND ROTATE. IF IT IS OK THEN THE BOBBIN CARRIER WAS INSTALLED WRONG.
2. MOVE THE NEEDLE BAR BY MOVING THE HAND WHEEL. PLACE ONE DROP OF OIL ON THE BAR.
3. REMOVE THE TOP OF MACHINE AND MONITOR ALL MOVING PARTS AND CLEAN (USE QUE TIP). ANY PARTS STUCK TOGETHER MAY NEED A SMALL AMOUNT OF CARBURETOR CLEANER. OIL ALL MOVING METAL PARTS THAT MAKE CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER.
4. UNDER THE MACHINE REMOVE THE LID AND CLEAN AND OIL JUST AS ABOVE.
5. TRY TO MOVE THE HAND WHEEL.
6. IF THIS STILL DOESN'T WORK THE BELT MAY BE OUT OF ALIGNMENT. THE BELT HAS TO BE DONE BY REMOVING THE HAND WHEEL. ONCE THE BELT IS ACCESSED THE BOLT UNDER THE MOTOR IS LOOSENED. IF POSSIBLE TRY TO APPLY THE FOOT PEDAL A LITTLE WHILE ADJUSTING THE BELT. IT SHOULD NOT BE REAL TIGHT BUT MUST BE IN ALIGNMENT. PAY ATTENTION TO THE AMOUNT OF TURNS IT TAKES TO REMOVE THE OUTSIDE SHINY PART OF THE HAND WHEEL SO IT IS EASIER TO SET IT PROPERLY.
Posted on Nov 24, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: The fabric doesn't move forward.
We need to do some examining. Remove the foot. Put the stitch length dial at the longest stitch. Turn the wheel and see if the feed dogs move about 1/4 inch. Also check to see that they rise just slightly above the needle plate. If it does these two things it will work. If the teeth don't rise above the plate, remove the needle plate and clean the lint out from between the rows of teeth. If you find a lot of tightly packed lint there this will solve your problem. Reinstall the needle plate and foot. If the feed dogs don't move about 1/4 inch, you probably have a problem which is going to require the services of a technician.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
SOURCE: The fabric doesn't move forward.
What is the length set at?
Are the feed dogs visible at the needle plate?
What does the design look like in the pattern box?
Have you tried it on the straight stitch to see if is effected also?
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
This happened to me and I discovered that my presser foot was stuck up. (LOL) I was using embroidery and the needle was actually brushing against the raised presser foot. So, I turned machine off, removed embroidery part and checked the presser foot switch. It was not moving. Well, I put the machine on regular sewing and just turned the wheel a few times and the presser foot reset. When I went back to embroidery all was fine (and still is). so, check yours.
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
These machines are known to freeze up in the needle bar crank, even when only a couple of hours old. If it is less than a year old, a Brother certified service center will fix it under warranty.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
The machine sounds like it has threads caught in the bobbin area thus locking the machine up. Check in there and maybe you can pick them out with tweezers. They may need to be 'softened up' with a little oil before you can get them out!.
also Please push the bobbin winder back to the left position and it will release the bobbin winder. Then you should be able to sew. If the needle won't move, you will need to tighten the turning wheel on the right side end of the machine. This should move your needle. Then you should be set to sew.
------This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya
Posted on Jan 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Oct 22, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Jan 27, 2017 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Jun 07, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Oct 09, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Sep 25, 2012 | White Sewing 1740 Mechanical Sewing...
Nov 11, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Jul 17, 2010 | Singer 7442 Mechanical Sewing Machine
May 05, 2009 | Singer Quantum XL-1000 Computerized Sewing...
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!