Question about Emerson Humidifiers
How does the filters fit inside the machine?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: filling humidifier
On the Vicks v-3100 the water tank should lift off of the unit. Flip it over and there is a lid. Open the lid and fill the tank. Once you've filled it back up, put the lid back on. Flip the tank over to make sure there are no leaks, then put it back on the humidifier.
Note: It's very important to check to make sure the tank isn't leaking before you put it back on the humidifier, if it is, it will flood the reservoir, in turn causing water to leak out of the bottom of the humidifier (which is one of the major complaints about the 3100).
Posted on Feb 12, 2008
SOURCE: My Bionaire Humidifier
From the user manual (which is online)
2. Clean the base by partially filling
it with one 8-oz cups of undiluted
white vinegar or by using Cleanse
CleanTM Solution (DMS216) by the
manufacturer. Leave this solution
in the tank for 20 minutes, while
cleaning all interior surfaces with a
Posted on Jul 09, 2008
SOURCE: I need to know how
The instruction manual suggests using the water vinegar solution.
The following is from the manual.
1. Turn the humidifier ‘OFF’ and unplug the unit.
2. Lift the main housing and remove the water dispersion tray and the PermaWick™ Filters. The motor is attached to the main housing. Do not place the motor near water. Do not use a wet towel on the motor or motor housing as electrical shock may occur.
3. The PermaWick™ Filter should be cleaned in a vinegar and water solution to remove any mineral buildup. Place in a solution of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Allow the filter to soak for 20 minutes.
4. After soaking, rinse it several times with clean water. Place the PermaWick™ Filter in a location where it can drip dry while you clean the other parts of your humidifier.
5. Remove the water tank from the base and empty any water that is left in the tank. Soak the base in a mixture of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes.
6. After soaking, wipe the base with a soft cloth or sponge to remove any mineral build up. Rinse with clean water several times. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, be sure the base is completely dry.
7. Fill the water tank with one (1) gallon of water and eight ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Replace the tank cap and shake the tank vigorously until all interior surfaces of the tank have been exposed to the water/vinegar mixture.
8. Empty the tank of the water/vinegar mixture. Rinse it several times with clean water and then replace the tank cap. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, dry it inside and out, leaving the cap off to allow the tank to completely dry. Continue to clean the other parts of your humidifier.
9. Remove the water diffuser cap by squeezing the two tabs as shown in Figure 3. Rinse the cap in clean water to remove any debris. If the cap contains hard water residue, soak it in a mixture of one (1) quart of water and two (2) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes. 41553-01 01/03/2008 6 © 2008 Hunter Fan Company
Rinse well and reinstall the water diffuser cap. Do not expose motor or other electrical components to water.
10. Wipe the surfaces of the main housing with a soft cloth.
11. Once all the parts are clean, reassemble the humidifier, and follow the USING YOURHUMIDIFIERto continue use. If you are storing the humidifier, make sure the parts are completely dry, reassemble, and store in a dry location.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2016 | Essick Air Humidifiers
Feb 19, 2015 | Essick Air Humidifiers
Apr 19, 2009 | Vicks Cool Mist V400 Humidifier
Jan 14, 2009 | Emerson HDC12 Humidifier
Jan 01, 2009 | Emerson HDC12 Humidifier
Dec 08, 2008 | Honeywell Power Humidifier: Furnace...
Apr 24, 2008 | Crane Frog EE-3191 1 Gallon Humidifier
Dec 20, 2007 | Emerson HDC12 Humidifier
Feb 09, 2015 | Emerson MoistAir MA-12000 Humidifier...
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: