Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Microwave won't Work
sounds like a fuse for starters, remove outer cover there will be a white cartridge appx 1"longX1/8"dia this is a ceramic fuse avail at most hardware stores in 15 or 20 amp configurations, if this blows again after repl suspect a faulty H.V. Diode/H.V. Capacitor, or the magnetron tube unless while inside unit you see something obviously wrong 2 fuses are under $5.00
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for the help! I'll try it and let you know."
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
You should check the fuse, the magnetron thermostat, and the oven cavity thermostat.
Accessing some components (the oven cavity thermostat for instance) for testing and possible replacement will require you to remove the oven from the wall.
If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
You can download GE owner's manuals and installation instructions here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer
Posted on May 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2013 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
If there is spark please do not switch on
unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is
leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is
quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When
you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the
long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Click on replacing waveguides: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Jan 29, 2013 | Bosch 500 HMB5050 Microwave Oven
Dec 13, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 13, 2011 | Dacor PCOR30 Convection/Microwave Oven
Apr 07, 2011 | Sharp R305KS Microwave Oven
Mar 20, 2011 | LG LRM1230W Microwave Oven
Oct 25, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Aug 16, 2009 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!