Question about Boating
Is there such a thing as a reset for the Autohelm WIND ST 50? I purchased a boat with one that showed proper wind angle but not speed. I removed the sender, greased both the wind vane and cuos. now the wind speed is fine but the direction dowsnt move although looking at the vane directly, it points as it should. I did a calibration and since then the unit wont give proper direction. Any advice anyone?
I assume you have an ST-50 or ST60 windvane setup. These are the calibration instructions from the unit manual for the ST-50. They are the same for the ST-60 and ST-60+ units.
Hope it helps you.
Initial Calibration Windvane Alignment
Before the unit is used for navigational purposes the masthead transducer must be accurately aligned to the vessel. Before this procedure is carried out the windvane should be linearised as follows.
1 . Powerup lhe ST50 Plus Wind instrument.
2. Tum the vessel through two complete circles, making sure that the windvane remains in line with the wind -the instrument will automatically linearise the windvane.
1. Press and hold CAL for 2 seconds until CO is displayed by the LCD.
2. Press < > to move the pointer to the correct wind angle.- WIND
- Press < > once to move the pointer by 1 degree.
- Press < > for 1 second to move the pointer by 10 degrees/second.
The LCD will now display the applied correction.
3. Press and hold CAL for 2 seconds to exit and store windvane alignment.
Windspeed Unit Selection
1 . Press and hold CAL until Ul (Knots) or U2 (Meters/second is displayed.
2. Press CALwithin 8 seconds to change the windspeed units selection.
3. After 8 seconds the wind instrument returns to normal operation.
Posted on Nov 25, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had one. Don't think you calibrate it. Reading is relative to it's mounting base. To change the direction reading, you would need to rotate the base.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2015 | 2015 Lexus RX 350
May 11, 2014 | Raymarine St40 Wind Rotavector E22047
Sep 29, 2010 | Nikon F3HP 35mm SLR Camera
Jun 18, 2010 | 2004 Harley Davidson XL 883 Sportster
May 15, 2010 | Boating
Feb 19, 2010 | Raymarine St 4000 Wheel Drive E12093
Jun 10, 2009 | Boating
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!