How do I open the storage drawer without damaging it? Has become jammed by the contents.
There is a small gap and have tried moving the trays about to try and dislodge blockage. Have tried to pull the drawer out by tilting it upwards.
Have used as much brute force as I dare without damaging the storage drawer.
Re: How do I open the storage drawer without damaging it?...
If their is enough of a gap in the drawer , that allows you to see the object blocking it, then try using a spatula to push down on the item and move it back as I suspect that it is stuck on a small protrusion at the top of the drawer.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a small pin like rod usually provided whenever you buy these things. A small hole just under the cd tray where you insert this pin and it will open the cd tray. If you don't have it try a paperclip. Hope it works, goodluck!
Two things generally make this happen. One is electrical and the other physical, First check to see if a light comes on when it is supposed to be working. If not, you'll likely need to get it back to the shop from whence you bought it. You don't say whether this item is new or you've had it some time. The other physical problem is a disc left in the drawer which is not 'sat' down properly, effectively jamming the tray. If this is the case you will see the drawer trying to open. On the front of the CD drawer you will see a very small hole (big enough for an unbent and straightened paperclip) that is used for manually opening the tray. The pin does not have to go in very far and only slight resistance should be felt before the tray drawer opens. If this does not work ........ back to the shop where they open it up and sort the problem. I do not encourage people to open electronic deveices thyemselves as ther are many delicate parts inside that could inadvertantly be damaged. Despite which you would be invallidating any gaurantee you have on the product.
Try slowly opening it with a flathead screwdriver. Get the tray open enough to put ur pinky in and try to remove any disk(s) that are in there. Plug it in and turn it on. If the tray closes ur system should be ok and try to open it with the button. If no good. Then try agian, but this time slowly open it all or most the way, then plug it in and let the drawer close and see if the button works to open and close it.
This is ussaly caused by a jam from either a incorrectly inserted disk and it jammed the tray. Or the gearing that is connected to the motors jamed up and the tray needed to be moved out to unlock the jam.
Closing the tray with ur hand and not pressing the button to close it also could of caused this problem
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
3. Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
4. Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
5. If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
6. If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
7. If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
8. Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
9. If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
10. see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
svineyardWelcome to fixya. I'm Huuum and happy to assist you,
You said, Y inherited a GE Spectra XL44 in the home I recently bought so you don't know much about it. There is a pan stuck in the storage
drawer and You can only open the drawer about an inch and a half before
You need two people. One strong person to slide the range forward, so he can tilt the range far enough back, that you can access the drawer from the bottom and the pan will fall back inside the drawer as you pull the drawer forward and out enough for you to reach the pan and turn it around or what ever you need to do to get it out! Bravo, I want to hear that you succeed! Be careful not to hurt your self. Bless You Huuum. Please do not forget to leave a rating when you are done.!!!!!!!!
1. Most of the player drawer fixed over the chasis for a rigid support 2. try to remove the drawer safely without damagind the chasis and drive mechanism 3. there might be some shaft jam. 4. Look for the thread. how does the player drawer moves in and out 5. there may be some sensors to sense the door close/open. if it is jammed then open/close function cannot be done. why because this problem occurs 6. unwear the mechanism read the mechanism moving technique. see which has got jammed. 7. if you feel too risky then 8.contact service centre... all the best
its very simple .remove the outer cpu case.then remove the cd rom open itplace THE TRAY in RIGHT MANNER ONCE AGAIN . donot try to move the tray of your cd rom without opening the cd rom ,it might result in a permanent damage