- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
These are the possible causes.
1. ACTIVE GRILL SHUTTER ACTUATOR FUSED B+ CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
2. ACTIVE GRILL SHUTTER ACTUATOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
3. ACTIVE GRILL SHUTTER OBSTRUCTED/BINDING
4. ACTIVE GRILL SHUTTER ACTUATOR
hiwhen you say shutter does not operate, it mean too general to answer. could you provide more detail?I will give how does shutter work. First, you press shutter button, it will activate two switchs (one is focus and meter and the other is release ) Second, mirror goes up and opening shutter curtain move up. Third, closing shutter curtain down and mirror down and picture come out. Of course there is also aperture control unit sequence.
Remove it from the machine and secure it in a vice. Attempt to activate/ deactivate it and look to see what is causing it not to release. a bit difficult to advise without being able to see what's been done.
If the shutter release does not activate your timer and release the shutter, it probly needs taken apart by a repair guy. They can free the timer, clean out the old dried up lubricant, put in fresh lubricant, adjust everything and return it to you...working.
I doubt you still need help with this considering it's over 8 months later... but the same thing has been happening to me lately, I've had to force the self timer to start by giving it a little push, once it gets going it starts to work normally again.