Question about HP Computers & Internet
I have a Toshiba hard drive Cancio 3TB model# HDWC130XK3J1 And a HP Pavilion model#a6803w my computer will not boot with this drive connected to it. It works fine on my other computer but not this one. I have flash the BIOS and still nothing.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It sounds like you have a piece of junk, the hard drive mighr be OK , if it is you can put it into a USB hard drive adapter case and use it as an external USB hard drive.
Posted on May 06, 2009
Sounds that the wireless adapter daughter board is either loose or failing. First, we need to make sure it is making good contact with the laptop's motherboard. In order to do this, we have to do the following:
1. Turn off the laptop & remove the battery.
2. Look at the compartments in the bottom of the laptop. You should be able to see 2 or 3 areas with small rectangular plates covering them. These plates usually have one or 2 screws holding them in place.
3. Check which one of those plates is the one which covers the wireless adapter daughter board. When you find it unscrew its screws & remove it.
4. Below the plate, there will be a small daughter board screwed to the laptop's motherboard, with 2 thin wires attached to it (usually one black wire & the other is a white wire). Gently, remove both wires using a small flat screw driver to pull them out gently. Don't forget to note down which wire connects to which connection point.
5. Unscrew the wireless adapter daughter board & remove it from its slot.
6. Clean both the slot & the daughter board's terminal connectors using a dry electric contact cleaner. You can purchase it at an electronics store.
7. Leave the slot & the daughter board for a while to dry.
8. Re-place the daughter board back in the slot & screw it to the motherboard.
9. Reconnect the 2 wires.
10. Screw back the covering plate.
11. Put back the battery & turn on the laptop. Check if the problem was fixed.
If this did not fix the problem, you will need to repeat the steps to remove the wireless adapter daughter board & replace it with a new one.
Posted on Oct 26, 2010
Testimonial: "Turns out it was a bad connection with the wireless card. Thanks. "
There are currently no easy ways to update a bios through linux at all - including live cd's. Your best bet is to make a bios update USB stick (or floppy depending on the age of the computer)
Here's a link to those instructions:
Alternatively, speaking from my own experience with a similar situation, you can take the hard drive out, use it in place of the usb stick, boot from it, update your bios, and go from there.
Posted on Jun 06, 2012
Testimonial: "Matt, exactly what I have been searching for, I am well advanced in years so will take me a while to configure this, I found the update OK but was a problem choosing the utility. WELL DONE & MANY THANKS Jim"
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2014 | Toshiba Canvio Desk HDWC130XK3J1 3 TB...
Apr 04, 2014 | Toshiba Canvio Computers & Internet
Feb 05, 2014 | Toshiba 3TB Canvio Desk Desktop External...
Nov 30, 2013 | Toshiba 3tb Canvio Desktop External Hd
Nov 26, 2013 | Toshiba 3TB Canvio Desk Desktop External...
Sep 21, 2013 | Dell XPS Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2012 | Toshiba HDWC130XK3J1 Hard Drive - Canvio 3...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!