Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LG DVD player LG276
I picked up a LG DV276 DVD Player here in Australia but I am from the
United States so I own region 1 DVDs. I unlocked my new player by
instead 1. Open the tray. 2. Press 0 0 0 0 on the remote and a Menu
will appear. 3. Press 0 for region free. 4. Press pause and power off.
I can play everything now, Aussie and US DVDs. Thanks LJ66.
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
SOURCE: DVD PLayer Region Unlock
you could try the following
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
this should unlock it to all regions .
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
SOURCE: Wrong Regional Disc.
DVDs are ecoded with region codes to indicate what area of the world they are made for. These codes may be 1,2,3, etc depending on which region they are made for.
DVD player read these codes and if the disc region code does not match the region the device is made for, the player will not play the disc.
Region 1 is for USA so most DVDp players made for use in USA require region 1 discs.
Some DVD players called multi region DVD players can be set to play different region DVDs but they are typically more expr=ensive then one region players and the code must be changed each time a different region disc is played.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
SOURCE: wrong disc error
I work for Coby technical support. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-727-3592.
Unfortunately, if the player will no longer read any commercial dvd that you attempt to play, the unit is defective and needs to be replaced. The unit has a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase. You will need the receipt in order to receive a warranty exchange.
If you feel this solution doesn't deserve a good rating, please let me know why so that I may better assist you. If there is anything more I can do to help, I will!
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2015 | Sylvania Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2014 | Televison & Video
Mar 24, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 05, 2011 | LG RC897T DVD Recorder/VCR Combo
Feb 26, 2010 | Philips Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2009 | Samsung BD-UP5000 Blu-ray and HD-DVD...
Apr 11, 2009 | Philips DVP642 DVD Player
Aug 27, 2008 | Audiovox D1710 Portable DVD Player with...
Jul 23, 2008 | Axsion AXN6070 Portable DVD Player
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!