Question about Philips Magnavox 42MF521D/37 Television
I have unplugged from wall outlet, checked to make sure that the menu button on tv was not stuck, checked all cables in back of tv to make sure they were plugged in completely...still menu button keeps popping up during play.
The only two things I can think of off hand it check to see if the TV is in DEMO mode (like the store uses) also check the Remote sometimes the button can get stuck.. try taking the batteries out of the remote or take the remote to another room and see if that helps. Good Luck with it..
Posted on Nov 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Menu keeps popping up!
I had this same problem with the Main Menu coming up on my Dell Monitor E171FPb and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
SOURCE: menu screen
It could be dirt/dust has accumulated behind the buttons causing a false contact so it looks like a ghost is operating your tv making things appear and disappear.If this isn not the problem then there is a faulty component on the board where the buttons are located. If you are able to do the cleaning of the buttons yourself use a cleaner that de-greases as wel and make sure everything is bone dry before re-assembly. If not find a competant technician. Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
The most commom causes are One. There ia a stuck button on the tv itself. The Menu button. The membrane switch or the TACT switch is bad and needs to be replaced. The Main bd can also be bad.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | RCA 46 46LA45RQ LCD TV
Jul 20, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jan 24, 2011 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Dec 16, 2010 | Televison & Video
Jul 26, 2010 | Philips 42PF9431D/37 TV
Dec 08, 2009 | HP PL4260N 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Aug 02, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Jul 16, 2009 | Philips 42PF9630A 42 in. Plasma Television
Aug 17, 2008 | Fujitsu P42VHA30WS Television
226 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: