Question about Computers & Internet
I have a DVD player with a VGA port, when I connect with a computer monitor with a VGA cable, it displays no signal, A big thank you to tell me what's the problem, the VGA port monitor is blue, the VGA port DVD player is black.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: DVI input on monitor not working
Contacted viewsonic about this issue- they suggested- have both dvi and vga hooked up to same machine. start with poweroff on both. power on monitor, then power on computer. when you see display coming from the vga, power off pc, then disconnect vga cable, turn off power to monitor, disconnect power cord from monitor for 5 + seconds, reconnect power cord, power on monitor, then power on pc.
If this doesn't work to get the dvi working, (as happened to us) we returned our monitor for a replacement, since it was still under warranty.
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
SOURCE: Monitor display in blue shade
It may be due to the loose contact of the monitor signal cable
Contact the nearest Repairman
Let me know that your problem is solved and rate me as Fixya!
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Thank you for providing your configuration details.
You have failed to specify wheather or not your LCD Display is under Warrenty.
Perhaps these simple trouble shooting procedures will get the job done.
1. use the DVI to VGA adaptor that came with your card
Plug in a regular CRT monitor to the Primary Display Output Port using the DVI to VGA adaptor
( either port can be designated as the primary by you )
I like to use the Port nearest to the motherboard as the Primary
2. plug in the your LCD monitor on Secondary Display port using your DVI cable
At this point you should be able to see your desktop on the Primary CRT Display
3. Go to the display properties and use the Nvidia Dual Display Setup Wizard
set both desktops to CLONED at a resolution of 1024x768 and set the refresh to 60Hz
which is default for most LCD displays , some have higher refresh rates , consult your user manuel
If the display resolution and refresh are set incorrectly for your CRT or LCD you will see
Signal Out of Range ( if the display has the ability to display that error message )
At this stage both displays should be showing a Windows Desktop
If you now see your desktop on both displays , you can now put the LCD on the Primary Port
No Signal Detected ( this means the display device is not receiving a signal )
If your LCD display is still displaying the error message
"No Signal Detected" after performing the trouble shooting proceedures
You may need to read the user manuel about how to enable DVI signal input.
If you are certan you have done everything correctly but still see only "No Signal Detected"
Your LCD Display may need replacement
Loch Hime :-)
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
SOURCE: No display on SyncMaster 710N
I used 2 resistor of 100 ohms (1/8W) to make one of 50 ohms. Like others instruction, just put the 50 ohms resistor between pins 5 and 6 of this chip and the problem is solved.
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
when you say monitor can't be found did you mean the monitor has no reactions when you turn on your pc?
here are some test you may need to do to know which part is faulty
1. Turn on your computer, did it display the monitor's logo on screen? When it does monitor is good, when only blank screen it could be the vga cable or the video card.
2. See if the led indication lit. When it lit to steady green, it's good signal is coming in from the video card. It should be followed by screen display. If no display it could be the backlight inverter lamp busted or faulty inverter board. When lit green then turns red, no signal coming from the video card. Check vga cable if fix properly to both monitor and video card. Or may need to reseat properly connection of video card from the motherboard. If no led indication lamp, then monitor is dead. Check ac power cord for continuity using multitester. Check power supply section in the monitor, replaced bulged or blown capacitor with exact value, this components were the first to get affected when lcd monitor failed o turn on.
3. When computer was turned on got display and then monitor turns black, go check the vga cable, Fix the connection properly or may need to replace it with new one.
4. When no signal appears or display blank screen after logo, then check video card. First remedy is to disconnect it the reseat properly to the motherboard. If this have no effect change your video card.
go follow these steps and let me know which is closely to your problem so I can give you a good advise.
Posted on Feb 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jul 19, 2011 | Gateway FPD1810 18.1" LCD Monitor
Apr 22, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 02, 2010 | Rosewill R900J 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Oct 31, 2009 | LG Flatron F700P 17" CRT Monitor
Mar 25, 2009 | Bose 3 2 1 GSX System
Oct 13, 2008 | Samsung SyncMaster 753S 17" CRT Monitor
Sep 14, 2008 | BenQ FP71E 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 22, 2017 | Quantum Computers & Internet
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!