Question about Computers & Internet
6 years old
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1.The price you will pay depends on the size of the harddrive you install.
2. You can buy a 80gigabyte hard drive for 45 bucks up to a 1.5+ terrabyte size for $150+
3. What is the size hard drive are you replacing and was it enough for what you are doing or do you need more space than you had?
4. Whatever hard drive you install will be empty when you get it, therefore you need to use the recovery or operating system disks that came with your computer or buy a new operating system disk.
5. The new hard drive will also have to be partitioned and formatted, this typically is done by the operating system installation at the beginning, just follow the prompts.
6. Once you install the operating system , you will have to load any drivers for your motherboard , addin cards , printer , etc.
7. then comes all the updates , start with windows updates, then install your virus protection, spyware blockers , etc.
8, now download and install all the little things like adobe reader, flash player, java, etc.
I use tigerdirect.com for 99% of my computer hardware, they usually have the best prices for hard drives, are reliable, and have good support.
Unfortunately your going to have to pay someone to do this unless you can do it yourself. it's really not difficult, just takes some time and planning and a good internet connection on a second computer.
Hope this helps out.. Regards
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2014 | EDENPURE USA 1000 Black Portable Heater -...
Sep 13, 2014 | EDENPURE 2013 GEN4 1000 Quartz Infrared...
Apr 01, 2012 | Heating & Cooling
Sep 13, 2011 | Gateway 500XL PC Desktop
Dec 09, 2010 | Gateway 500XL PC Desktop
Jun 20, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Oct 15, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Sep 25, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!