Question about Epson Stylus Photo R300 Inkjet Cartridges
The display has recently stopped working, but printer is working but I need to change an ink cartridge, can I still do this without it? What could be wrong with display and is it fixable?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remove ink cartridge
I found that the proper way to do it only worked when the ink light was flashing red. Then when I pressed the stop button it moved across and stopped beneath the marker to show which cartridge needed changing. The I pressed the stop button again and it moved to a place where I could change it.
This happened despite the fact that the pictures I was printing blatently showed that I needed to replace my ink, it wasn't until I had printed the liney pictures a few times that the printer decided the ink level was low enough to turn the flashing light on and let me change it.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
ok just done it - i always have to look it up too!
find the default printer from your control panel
click right click and pick properties
then hit printing preferences
then click tab marked maintenance
and follow the ink cartridge replacement instruction
printer leads you through no probs - hope this helps
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
hi.make sure there is no tape or dirt on cartridge chip contacts.if still no joy trying iserting one cartridge at a time then installing.say insert black then will say others carts missing red blue yellow.keep going till they are installed.sometimes helps.make sure the carts have lastest chips installed version 5 or higher if compatable cart.should not be a problem if bought from epson.eg t711 etc will fit but must be new carts with new chip otherwise may not accept.i belive the sx100 has something like t811 or something.this may be the new chip.otherwise may just be a faulty chip on the cart.you can get refillable carts or ciss system on ebay you put in your own ink.they are brillant.cart chips reset when low ink.hope this may help.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Did you remove the plastic sticker over the print head of the cartridge?
Are you using a refilled cartridge? Most cartridges have a sensor that tells the printer how much ink is left. When companies refill them they do not replace the sensor, so a completely full cartridge will still tell the printer that it is empty.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Hi, the information you need is here:
Just click on the replacing ink cartridges on the left hand side, follow the instructions and pictures there.
Posted on Jan 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
This is the procedure I used for an MP470. It is basically a modified version of that previously posted for the MP460.
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Hold down "On/Off" button.
3. Reconnect the power cable.
4. With the power button still down, press the "Stop/Reset" button twice.
5. Release the "On/Off" button.
6. The printer is now in "factory mode".
- wait until "idle" is displayed.
7. Press the right arrow button (next to the "OK" button) repeatedly until "Shipping Mode 3" is displayed.
8. Press the "OK" Button
9. Wait until "Without Cleaning" is displayed and then presss the "Stop/Reset" button once. (I pressed the ok button after Stop/Reset button on my MP470).
10. A test page should print.
11. Open the cover.
- the cartridges should position themselves at the far left - the cartridge removal location.
12. Disconnect the power cable.
13. Remove both cartridges.
14. Close the cover.
15. Reconnect the power cable.
16. Press the "On/Off" button once.
17. Wait until a "Replace Cartridges" message is displayed.
- insert cartridges.
18. Wait until the printer is operating in its normal mode. The display shows the normal start menu (ie: Copy).
The ink levels have been reset.
- check by going to printer>properties>maintenance>view printer status
this is what i had to do to get it to work with canon mp460
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Hold down power button
3. Reconnect the power cable
4. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
5. Release the power button
6. The printer is now in factory mode...(wait about 30 seconds until it says "idle")
7. Press the down arrow (next to the "OK" button) until it says "Shipping Mode 1"
8. Press the "OK" Button
9. Now with it displaying "Without Cleaning" press the power button
10. A test page should print
11. Now open cover
12. Disconnect the power again
13. Take both cartridges out like normal
14. Close cover
15. Reconnect power cable
16. Press power button
17. Replace cartridges
MP-160 is different from MX300 so I tried my best with it...
The main solution is to reset the entire printer:
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back...
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button
Aug 30, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 28, 2011 | Epson Stylus NX400 InkJet Printer
May 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 25, 2011 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Dec 30, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Apr 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX6600 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 23, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX850 Multifunction Printer
Aug 24, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX3810 All-In-One InkJet...
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: