- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Sending an SMS containing PIN and your MXit ID to 34006
If however you have registered with a MXit ID, you can retrieve the PIN by sending an SMS with the word PIN and your MXit ID. For example, the user mrgreen requests his PIN he will have to send the SMS containing only the following : PIN mrgreen
If your MXit ID is your phone number, please ensure that you enter it in international format. Here is an example of what this SMS should look like:
This still has to be done from the SIM that was used to register the MXit profile.
* This only works with cell numbers that are in South Africa.
* Please make sure that you send the SMS from the same cell phone number that you are registered to MXit with. This is one of the reasons why you must have the SIM card for the MXit profile that you are using.
* This SMS costs R2.00
2. Retrieving your PIN through email If you have added an email address when registering, you can simply go to http://password.mxit.com and fill in the details. Your PIN will then be sent to the registered email address which you have entered enter. Keep in mind that the email address must have been registered on your MXit profile before the PIN was lost. Good luck, Jopica123
To get your MXit Pin Number SMS 'pin' to 34006 from the cell/mobile number
you initially registered when you register for the MXit service. Once you've
sent the sms with the message 'pin' to 34006 you will receive a response with
your MXit pin number.
There is no other way to get your MXit pin number at the moment. So, unless
you are using the phone number you originally registered for the mxit service
I also have the problem where my mxit says incorrect pin and i cant sms the number because i use a differwent number for mxit..I also happen to know that somebody is hecking my mxit because they are talking to all of my contact.Wat hould i do?
To get your lost MXit Pin, send an SMS containing the word ‘PIN’ to 34006. You will then receive a SMS in return containing your lost PIN.
This only works with cell numbers that are in South Africa.
Please make sure that you send the SMS from the same cell
phone number that you are registered to MXit with. This is one of the
reasons why you must have the SIM card for the MXit profile that you
If you receive a blank reply from your service provider, this means the number you SMSed from is NOT registered to MXit.
This SMS costs R2.00
There is currently no way for international users to sms to recieve their pins