Question about Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX CAS Handheld Color Graphing Calculator with Computer Algebra System
I tried various things such as reset commands (doc+enter+ee, things like that), and unplugged the battery a couple of times. Still no luck. The black stripe is down the middle, slightly to the right, and sometimes the left side of the screen turns black and flashes.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try the other recipes from the TI knowledge base concerning a calculator failing to turn on
For the TI-Nspire™ Family:
1. Cancel - The most non-intrusive reset option; no changes are made, the unit restarts.
2. Delete Operating System – The operating system will be deleted without deleting any documents.
3. Delete Document Folder Contents – This will delete the user’s documents, but will not delete the OS.
4. Complete Format – This will delete the OS and all documents for a total erase of memory.
Hope it helps you solve the problem.
Posted on Oct 18, 2009
SOURCE: I have a TI-nspire CAS
You should ( a suggestion) reset the OS by pressing the button on the back of the unit.
If that does not work, you may consider reinstalling the OS. The procedure as described in the TI Knowledge Base is as follows.
What steps are required to reinstall the TI-Nspire family operating system?
To reload the device’s OS using a computer with TI-Nspire Computer Link:
• Connect the TI-Nspire device (with the Nspire keypad) to the computer using the USB Standard A to Mini B cable.
• Open the TI-Nspire Computer Link software. The select device dialog should appear, and detect the device.
• Either drag the OS file (available in the ‘downloads’ area at education.ti.com) onto the TI-Nspire File Browser portion of the window, or click Tools -> Install OS.
To reload the device’s OS using another TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS device:
• Connect the two devices using the USB Mini A to Mini B cable. The end marked A should be inserted into the sending unit, while the end marked B should be inserted into the receiving unit.
• On the sending unit, access the document chooser by pressing [Home] . Once in the document chooser, press [Menu] and choose 9:Send OS…
NOTE: Users can only send an OS to a unit of the same model. Users cannot send an OS from a TI-Nspire to a TI-Nspire CAS.
Please see the TI-Nspire guidebooks for additional information.
Hope that helps.
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
SOURCE: I downgraded my TI-Nspire's OS
I had this same problem myself and I had to look everywhere to find a solution. You will have to remove the current OS from your device. Heres how.
I couldnt use option 2 for some reason and had to use option 4 (complete format, luckily I had backed the files up earlier) but once it was reformatted the device showed up in the software and told me to update the OS. From here you just install the latest OS as you would normally.
The problem with what you and I did is that previous OS versions (1.7 in my case) dont support the keypad, you may be able to use the older version with a different keypad but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I hope you can fix it, good luck.
Posted on Jan 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2014 | Sonic Alert SBB500SS Sonic Bomb Alarm...
Oct 09, 2013 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX CAS...
Aug 06, 2013 | Haier Dd400rs Refrigerator
Jan 27, 2012 | Apple iMac G4 Desktop
Sep 07, 2011 | Sony Dream Machine FMAM radio with...
Feb 15, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Dec 05, 2010 | Black & Decker Blenders
Nov 04, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Jul 28, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Dec 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2012 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX CAS...
807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: