Question about Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven
The microwave works fine, but the cooktop light over the range burnt out and after replacing the light stays on permanently. I think this means the circuit board was damaged?
I agree that the cost of the repair outweighs the cost of replacing the whole MW. It appears that the solid state device that takes the keypress from the keypad to control the light circuit is shorted so the light stays on all the time. Most likely from a lightning surge. Use it the way it is. You will hurt nothing without a light in the socket. My info indicates this is a model from the late 1990's so it is about 15 years old. It is not hard to changeout a microwave. You might need some help lifting it into place. Choose one as similar as possible to the old one.
Posted on Nov 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2013 | Tappan Microwave Ovens
Oct 25, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
May 24, 2011 | Kenmore 80012 Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2011 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Nov 14, 2010 | Whirlpool MH6141XK Microwave Oven
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: