Question about Garden

1 Answer

I need a part number for the rubber bushing on the bottom of the handle bar.

Posted by on

  • Plink-plonk
    Plink-plonk Nov 10, 2014

    Hi David Jones, I want to help you with your question, but I need more information from you. Can you please add details in the comment box? MAKE and MODEL Please



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Welcome Back:

    Visited the website for 2 consecutive days.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 6 Answers

Every manufacturer has different parts & numbers. You need to be specific with a brand name & model number before anybody can help answer your question.

Posted on Nov 27, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Having trouble figuring out how to mount riser to triple clamp does it just go through the rubber bushings on top of triple clamp?

yes they just go threw the rubber bushings then there should be a big washer on the bottom and a lock nut before you tighten all the way down install handles to get them alighned properly then tighten and enjoy

Mar 10, 2013 | Motorcycles

1 Answer

I'm fixing a 83 Harley-Davidson sportster. The last owner changed the handlebars and they are loose in the tripletree. what might be the problem?

If they are loose in the upper triple tree, you need to simply replace the riser bushings in the triple tree. Look under the triple tree and you'll see either two large bolts or two large nuts. If you take these off, you should see some rubber bushings that the risers go down through. If the bushings are worn or have gotten old and spongy, simply buy some new bushings and replace them. If the handle bars are loose in the handlebar clamp, take the clamp top off and see if the handle bars are knurled or have ridges cut in them. If not, they've put the wrong bars on the bike. You may can make a thin shim and put it around the bars and tighten it up a bit. If this doesn work, replace the clamp and risers.

Good Luck

Jul 01, 2011 | 1979 Harley Davidson XLH 1000 Sportster

1 Answer

Handle bar instalation riser bushains on a 1970 flh

The handlebar riser bushings are made of rubber sandwiched between to metal tubes. They are a loose press fit in the upper triple tree. Measure the depth of the old bushings, drive them out, and then drive the new ones in. If you don't want to go that route, you can get "change over" kits to change them to more like the later model bushings or to solid bushings that have no give at all. Check with a V-Twin dealer for the parts you need.

Good Luck

May 17, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...

1 Answer

Hi there, I have a 98 HD Springer that I have rotated the handle bars forward to accomodate my reach. Since I did that, the handle bar mount has some up and down play from frame. Other than the bolts...

If you're talking about where the front fork stem goes up through the steering head of the frame, I'd take the bike to a dealer to get this fixed as there is a certain procedure for tightening this. Now if you're talking about the handlebar risers, the is a big nut or bolt on the bottom of each riser. You probably need new rubber bushings in the upper triple tree for the risers.


Apr 12, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLSTS Heritage Springer...

2 Answers

Rear end rattle on rough roads

Check that the rear section of the exhaust system has all the hanger brkts and supports fitted.
Check the rear shock absorber mounting rubbers / bushings.
If a rear anti-sway bar is fitted, check all the mounting points, links, and rubber mountings/bushings.

Jan 31, 2011 | 2005 Kia Amanti

3 Answers

Safety says i need sway bar bushings.what and where are these?

the sway bar is a bar that runs acrossed the front of the van from strut to strut. It is bolted to the cradel and then has links that run from the bar to the strut to increase stability. The sway bar bushings are rubber mounts that hold the bar down to the cradel. The bar runs though the mounts one each side where the bar and the cradel meet. If they are wore out you will normally hear a clucking noise from the front end when you hit bumps. To remove and replace them there is two bolts that hold a steel cap on top of them on each side. Remove the cap from both sides then the rubber mounts will have a split in them so you can get them off the bar. To install them is just the reverse of the removal. Good luck! 4 thumbs up is appeciated if this helps.

Dec 30, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

How do i stop my 2002 GMC Safari from swaying

If this excessive swaying is due to worn suspension then those worn parts will be tie-rods, shock struts, anti roll bars and the rubber bushings holding the various parts of the suspension in place. General suspension overhaul would be required.
Now if its a normal feature of the vehicle you can improve the handling by fitting harder anti roll bars(sway bars), stiffer shocks, custom tie rods, better quality rubber bushes (polyurethane) and by lowering the suspension with shorter stiffer springs.
I suggest searching for an owners club for your vehicle where you should find some people who are doing the same thing and get advice from those who have been there before - --- You can ruin a cars handling and make it quite dangerous by changing things around, I suggest you search for suspension modification and do a quick 101 of the do's and dont's of suspension modification before you start swapping parts.

Jan 25, 2010 | 2002 GMC Safari

1 Answer

My handle bars are loose on my 2005 Harley Roadking FLHRI, how do I tighten them. Do I need to remove the headlight assembly?

They're probably not loose. The movement you're feeling is probably in the rubber bushing that the handlebars are mounted in. Harley has used rubber bushings for years to isolate the handlebars from as much engine and road vibration as possible.

On your "cruiser" bikes like your roadking, the bushing are quite soft to dampen the vibration to a greater degree. The bushing on the Softail may not be as soft. The good news is that they aren't difficult to replace with a firmer set. You will have to take the headlight nachelle off to gain access to the nuts or bolts that hold them in place. You can order aftermarket bushings that are more firm or you can even get solid steel bushings to eliminate the movement to the degree that you want.

Jan 08, 2010 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRI Road...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Garden Logo

Related Topics:

39 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Garden Experts

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2478 Answers


Level 3 Expert

708 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

15273 Answers

Are you a Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides