Question about Fargo Persona® C30e Thermal Card Printer
When my Persona C30e is powered on, it sounds like it is advancing or moving inside. I checked the cables in the back and they seem to all be proper. I have unplugged it, plugged it, etc. multiple times with the same result. When it does this, the computer doesn't recognize the printer is on and I cannot run diagnostics. Please help. Thanks
When you say that it is sounds like it is advancing or moving inside - how long does this go on? The normal start up process does include some movement of the internal motors and gears, ensuring the ribbon is properly set and that any cards that might have been left in the travel-path within are ejected. This generally takes only about 5 seconds, so if it is continually running beyond that, then I'm guessing that you 1 of 2 issues:
(1) A bad ribbon sensor. The ribbon sensor is what finds the beginning of a set of ribbon panels, and the start-up sequence is trying to find that beginning marker. If the sensor goes bad, then it never finds it and the ribbon motors will just spin until the cartridge is expended.
(2) A broken drive-band ("O-ring"). The ribbon motor is connected to the ribbon cartridge via a rubber drive-band or O-ring. Being rubber, these dry, crack, and ultimately break over time.
Both of these are common issues with C30e printers as they age. As they have been out of production for a number of years, yours is almost certainly more than 4 years old, and perhaps as much as 7. They're fairly easy repairs for an authorized Fargo Repair Center, but not cheap to perform due to the labor and shipping expense.
Posted on Nov 17, 2014
Reinstall soft ware and se if that done,t cure it good luck, Bret
Posted on Nov 10, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Solution to loud noises:
Check the ribbon cartridge and ensure that the cleaning roller is properly installed and rolls smoothly
inside the cartridge. Then check the plate underneath the cleaning roller and verify the 4 pins are seated properly.
Solutions to blurry prints:
1. Make sure the printer has the latest firmware via the web. >> Click Here << to download the latest firmware (Look for "Persona C30e Firmware_Windows/Linux 184.108.40.206 "). The firmware upgrade file is packed in zip file. Extract it to a directory of your choice.
>> Click Here << for an instruction on how to upgrade the firmware. When being prompted to locate the "upgrade file", browse to where you extracted the firmware upgrade file.
2. Calibrate the ribbon sensor. If you have completed these 2 steps and the printer still prints out faded or light cards,
3. Try a new power supply. Part# (E000480). Note: Please verify the proper power supply is being used.
Thank you for using FixYa!
Dec 19, 2011 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Jun 21, 2011 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Aug 25, 2010 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Nov 18, 2009 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Aug 21, 2009 | Fargo Persona C30 Thermal Card Printer
Dec 23, 2007 | Fargo Persona C10 Thermal Printer
Jan 20, 2012 | Fargo Persona® C30e Thermal Card Printer
Jan 19, 2012 | Fargo Persona® C30e Thermal Card Printer
Dec 07, 2010 | Fargo Persona® C30e Thermal Card Printer
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!