Question about Dishwashers
I have a dish washer (Omega Technowash), that gets stuck in the cycle where the heater heats water. Once the knob is moved one or two notches it works normal. Would that be a failed temperature sensor? and how to replace one?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like wash motor is not going . it will fill and control thinks motor is working . then it will drain wash water / ( drain pump is a different motor ) and then refill and so on .. never washes but fills and drains and heats. ( look for leakage under the motor i'm sure you will find some ..
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
Lots of possibilities...
1. the sprayer arm might be sticking and not moving, or moving very little. Check to see if you can spin it by hand. Listen when the machine is running and you should hear the sound of the spray changing as it rotates. Check for items that might be jamming the arm like silverware, cups, jar labels, etc.
2. the little holes in the sprayer arms could be clogged. Need to remove the arms and clean them.
3. If it has a spray arm in the top rack, check to see that the piping for that is not broken or missing any pieces.
4. Any filter screens inside the plumbing could be clogged. This would slow down the spray and result in the dishes not getting rinsed properly. Check the inside of the machine for any foreign objects (see #3 above).
5. The machine might not be emptying between portions of the cycle. After the wash cycle, see if it is draining by either checking for water coming out of the drain hose or by opening the machine before it should start filling up for the rinse cycle.
6. Machine could be overloaded. Or loaded with extremely dirty dishes. Or with foods that are hard to clean like grits or oatmeal.
7. The machine could be improperly loaded. Bowls or platters blocking the spray. Tall objects like glasses and jars should not be loaded into the corners of the racks. The corners do no get a lot of spray and tall items can end up dirty.
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
make sure that the soap dispenser if clean and free of residue build up. if this is clean you need to replace the dispencer
Posted on May 19, 2010
The WM-1D does not have any internal heating devices. You have to supply the machine with the proper water temp. It has two fill valves, one for wash and one for rinse. It should have 150F supplied to the wash fill valve and 180F to the rinse fill valve.
Posted on Jul 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2014 | Dishwashers
Aug 13, 2014 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Apr 28, 2014 | Dishwashers
Apr 05, 2013 | Dishwashers
Sep 28, 2012 | Maytag MDB7100AWB Dishwasher
Mar 05, 2012 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Sep 22, 2011 | Dishwashers
Nov 08, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Aug 25, 2010 | Smeg CSU2001 Built-in Dishwasher
Apr 10, 2009 | Dishwashers
Dec 11, 2017 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!