Question about Humidifiers
Unfortunately thats the noiise a humidifier makes perhaps there are less noiser models on the market now you know as time goes by so technology becomes more amazing.
Posted on Nov 10, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like the small fan that is located in the base isn`t pushing the mist out. unplug it then take all the screws out of the base. there are screws under the black foam stands too. be careful not to touch anything that looks like live wires while you look inside then look inside while it is pluged in. it should turn. check for something blocking it like lint or dirt..you may be able to clean around the shaft with w d 40
Posted on May 30, 2008
It sounds very much like the transducer has failed. This is likely a crystal transducer and since they produce the agitation that should cause a mist, they are running continuously; not a good thing for something that is trying to shake iteslf apart all the time.
These require input from a circuit that produces the fairly high level of power needed to drive the crystal so it could also be the source of the problem.
This isn't something an owner is able to diagnose unless they have some technical training.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Allow to cool before maintenance.
1. Before cleaning, set the control to OFF (0) position and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
2. Remove the water tank then unlock the misting chamber by rotating the safety lock towards the front of the unit. Lift mist chamber from the unit's base.
3. Empty water and minerals from the base ond place in the top rack of the dishwasher. This will remove any sediment and dirt that has accumulated in the base.
NOTE: It is imperative that the base is deaned properly. The base is dishwasher safe (top rack ONLY) for easy cleaning.
4. Wipe the heating element dean with a soft doth after it has had a chance to cool.
5. Replace misting chamber and engage safety lock. The Electronic Thermal Control Heating element is lined with a coating that is designed to provide the easiest cleaning and prolong the operating efficiency of the humidifier.
DO NOT use any metal or hard objects to dean the Heating Element. Never use detergents, gasoline,
kerosene, gloss deaner, furniture polish, point thinner or other household solvents to clean any part of the humidifier.
Remove Scale: Allow to cool before maintenance.
1. Repeat steps 1-5 in the Daily Maintenance section.
2. Clean the trzy by partially filling the base with one 8-oz cup of undiluted white vinegar. Let solution stand 20 minutes, cleaning all interior surfaces with a soft brush. Dampen a doth with undiluted white vinegar and wipe out entire base to remove scale.
3. Rinse with doon worm water to remove scale and the white vinegar solution before beginning to disinfect the tank.
4. Wipe the heating element clean with a soft cloth after it has had chance to cool.
1. Fill tank with 1/2 teaspoon of chlorine bleach and 1/2 gallon (1.91) of water.
2. Let the solution stand for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes. Wet al surfaces.
3. Empty the tank after 20 minutes, and rinse well with water until tho bleach smell is gone. Dry with a clean cloth or papar towel.
4. Refill the water tank with cool wator; replace the housing and water tank. Repeat All Operating Instructions.
Posted on Jan 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | Walgreens Dual Tank Ultra Sonic...
Feb 23, 2014 | General Filters 1099-LH Humidifier
Dec 10, 2013 | Germ Guardian H-3000 Ultra-Sonic...
Mar 03, 2013 | Holmes Homes HM2612-U Ultrasonic Comfort...
Feb 03, 2010 | Aprilaire 550 Humidifier
Dec 17, 2009 | Aprilaire 550 Humidifier
Apr 06, 2009 | Aprilaire 700 Humidifier
Aug 13, 2017 | Humidifiers
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!