To play back messages remotely, first you'll need to have set up your two-digit security code (PIN). You can download a copy of the manual here
which gives all the details. Once you've done that, here's how to use the system:
1) Call your telephone number and wait for the system to answer. If the answering system is off, it will answer after about 10 rings and sounds a series of beeps.
2) During the greeting message (or a series of beeps when the answering system is off), press 0 and enter your PIN code within 2 seconds. The answering system announces the current time and the number of messages stored in memory. You hear "To play incoming messages, press zero-two. For help, press one-zero." You will hear a beep.
3) Enter a command within 15 seconds. Each command thereafter must be entered within 2 seconds. These are the available commands:
- 0 then 1 Repeat a Message*
- 0 then 2 Playing incoming Messages
- 0 then 3 Skipping a Message
- 0 then 4 Deleting a Message
- 0 then 5 Stop Operation
- 0 then 6 Answering System On
- 0 then 7 Memo Record/Stop**
- 0 then 8 Greeting Message Record/Stop**
- 0 then 9 Answer System Off
- 1 then 0 Help
* For the Repeat a Message function, press 0 then 1 within about four seconds to repeat the previous message, or press 0 then 1 after about four seconds to repeat the current message.
**For the Memo Record and Greeting Message Record function, the first time you enter the corresponding command, it starts the Recording function. If you want to stop the recording, press 0 then 7, 8 or 5.
4) After the command has finished, you hear intermittent beeps indicating that the system is in the command waiting mode. You may enter another command at this time from the chart above.
5) Hang up when you're done.