Question about Sony PlayStation Video Game Consoles & Games
Saints row 4 downloading updates
According to Sony's official error code lookup, error code 8071040C means network memory running low
Solution: If you were playing a network game, exit the game and start it again or reboot the PS3 system
If you were doing something else, reboot the PS3 system
if you still having this code, maybe you need to change the built in wi- fi module.
Please tellme if this info helped you
Posted on Nov 26, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
heya clark...unfortunately your bluray laser has probably failed or is failing. the diode burns out quickly on these units. call sony they charge 150+tax+2-4week turnaround or send it to me. i can fix for 100..
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
It migt be some system problem or your Disc problem. try putting some other disc and see does the problem exist? If no, then it is the problem with your Disc Game. If yes, it might be some system problem.
Posted on May 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 12, 2014 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 31, 2012 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Apr 25, 2010 | THQ Saints Row 2 for Xbox 360
Feb 24, 2010 | 2K Games Saints Row 2 for Windows
Jun 08, 2017 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!