A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Source: The Good And Bad Of Electric Fireplaces
You are able to save money by using electric fireplaces because they are significantly cheaper and more efficient to run. As opposed to turning on the heat for the entire home, you only have to actively heat one area although this is the same case for traditional fireplaces. Still, using an electric fireplace eliminates the need for buying wood, starting and maintaining a flame, and cleaning/servicing a fireplace with a chimney. Moreover, you are able to use an electric fireplace for an extended period of time. Wood-burning stoves are limited by the supply of wood. Gas burning fireplaces don't have that restriction, but require costly installment and creation of gas-line access. A foundational benefit of electric fireplaces is not causing any harmful particle emissions, which are a major side-product of traditional fireplaces, and one of the causes of their degradation. How To Care For An Electric Fireplace
Given the clear advantages that electric fireplaces have over traditional fireplaces, even die-hard fireplace lovers can justify making the switch to electric. Still, it is important to be apprised of the precautions and maintenance requirements before committing to a purchase. The most likely "repair" will be to change out bulbs as they die, typically about every two years. Models with LED bulbs will likely never need replacement. If you have a fireplace with conventional bulbs, replacing them is simple and straightforward. It is done by unplugging the fireplace, allowing it to completely cool if it was in use, and then accessing the rear panel of the unit. The panel can be unscrewed easily with a screwdriver. With the back panel removed, you should look for the bulb housing. This may differ from model to model, so consult the user guide before continuing (making sure to note what type of bulb is required). When you have the replacement, remove the old, and replace it with the new bulb. Some fireplaces require halogen bulbs which should not be handled by hand as this could compromise the longevity and quality of the bulb, in which case you should wear gloves to handle the bulb. With the new bulb in, you can screw back the rear panela and use the fireplace normally.
Electric fireplaces contain fans that are instrumental in providing heat to the room. The fan, as well as the other components, are usually pre-lubricated. However, if the fan is halting or not moving smoothly, it may indicate that cleaning is required. As with any other maintenance, make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged. You can use your vacuum's brush and wand attachments to clean the fan. Begin by taking off the grate and lightly cleaning to remove dust and grime. When finished, you can retrace with the wand attachment to pick up any remaining dirt. Replace the grate when you're finished.
The exterior mantle requires nothing more than occasional dusting and wiping. You should avoid the use of harsh chemical sprays, and instead, opt for mild soapy water and a lint-free cloth. Cleaning the glass display and mantle will make a big difference in the appearance of the unit. Be sure to dry the unit completely to avoid streaks and water marks.
www.electricfireplacesdirect.com/changing-fireplace-light-bulb Changing a light bulb within an electric fireplace is not hard, but we ... ClassicFlame23" Fixed Glass Spectrafire Infrared Quartz Electric Fireplace Insert - ...
Probably, neither. If there's no brightness at all, the bulbs are burned out and need to be replaced. If the brightness is there, but no flickering, then it's probably the motor or the shaft that the bulbs are on is stuck and can't rotate. Really not an uncommon problem with electric fireplaces, no matter who the manufacturer is. If you don't hear a humming noise when the flame function is turned ON. the motor may have overheated and shut down.
To test this, turn the Master ON/OFF Switch to OFF and unplug the fireplace from the wall outlet. Wait 12 - 15 minutes. Plug the unit back in and Turn the Master ON/OFF Switch to ON. Turn just the flame function ON. If it starts right up, the motor has cooled and the unit reset itself. If this continues to occur on a regular basis, contact the manufacturer's Technical Service Dept. If nothing happened after it was turned back ON, contact the manufacturer for replacement parts.
Hope this helps you troubleshoot and solve the problem. Please let me know. Thanks.
Remove the firebox glass (actually it's plexiglass) and set off to the side out of the way. Now, Remove the logs from simulated burner and set off to the side out of the way. The glowing coal effect plastic panel under where the logs were, should lift out, exposing the 60 watt, small base, chandelier bulbs, They unscrew counterclockwise from their individual holders. Replace the bulbs and reinstall everything else in reverse order, from the way you took it out. Caution: Be sure the Master On/Off Switch for the fireplace is in the OFF position, before starting any work on the fireplace.
Before call Dimplex Technical Service (888-346-7539) have your customer turn the Master ON/OFF Switch to OFF. Unplug the fireplace for 12 - 15 minutes. Once plugged back in, have them turn the Master ON/OFF Switch to On and then turn ON each function of the fireplace one at a time. If everything is performing as it should, the unit reset itself. However, if this becomes a recurring problem, they should contact Dimplex Technical Service.
There are several light bulbs that create the flame effect. However, it's unusual for all to go bad at one time. If you still have your Owners Manual, it will tell and show you how to access and change the bulbs. In the meantime, turn the Master ON/OFF switch to OFF and Unplug the unit from the wall outlet. Wait 12 to 15 minutes and plug the unit back in. Turn ON the Master ON/OFF switch and test each function one at a time. Hopefully, the time unplugged gave the unit time enough to reset itself. However, if this continues to occur on a regular basis, contact Dimplex USA, Technical Service at 888-346-7539
If you want to Troubleshoot and access the bulbs yourself: Remove the Plexiglas from the front of the fireplace and carefully remove the logs. The ember bed below where the logs were sitting will lift out and you'll have complete access to the bulbs. The bulbs are 60 watt, small base, chandlier bulbs.
Do the rest of the functions of the fireplace work? If so, turn the Master On/Off Switch to OFF and plug the unit for 12 to 15 minutes. After the time has elapsed, plug the unit back it and turn the Master On/Off Switch to ON. Then turn on the flame function switch. Hopefully, that timeout allowed the unit to reset itself and the flame function is now working. If it isn't, either the flame function switch is faulty or the circuity to the light bulbs and the ro-tater motor that turns the shaft, that he bulbs are attached to, has failed. Without knowing how old the unit is and how much use it's had, it's hard to pin down one thing that is causing the problem. If it's any consolation, you are not alone. Hundreds of these electric fireplaces (all makes & models) fail every year.
If all else fails, contact Dimplex USA, Technical Service at 888-346-7539.