Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
When I switch the printer on it come's up with error code "release lock switch and re start printer". when I do so it gives me the same message again. please help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: lock switch
Hi muffin, Turn off the machine, open the document cover, and then release the scanner lock switch. You'll see it. Any other problems let me know. Peace, Dude
Posted on Nov 26, 2006
I have the same message and print haed does not move at all.
I will pay for it to be fixed next week (after Easter) and let you know the cause.
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
You can try to clean out the printer check to see if there is any paper jammed in it somewhere
Then realighn the printer cartridges and run a test page.
Make sure that the paper tray is not overloaded
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
SOURCE: error code 6500
The 6500 error code is a logic board error code. The PCI Bus error is detected by the ASCI. Sounds like it needs new logic board. but i suggest you to first of all you can try to reset your printer -
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer.
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in.
4. Turn the printer back on. If this works you're done, if not try the next step.
1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the paper output tray.
2. Open the top cover and wait until the print head moves to the center.
3. Open the inner cover and check that ink tanks are properly seated.
4. Properly seated
5. Press down on each ink tank until a click is heard.
6. Close the inner cover and top cover
if reset method not works for you then you go for the new logic board replacement .............
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP980 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 23, 2012 | Dream Maker Spas Dream Maker Ez Spa Hot...
Sep 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP810 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 19, 2011 | HP DesignJet 500ps (42 in.) InkJet Printer
Jan 25, 2011 | Canon MP830 All-In-One Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!