Question about Kenmore Refrigerators
First check the water line, cut the valve may be closed, dirty filter, then, check for voltage to the solenoid gets water at the time of pressing the botom, review contron card that is not damaged any relay, switch keyboard
Posted on Nov 08, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The reason why you experience this problem is because you have a control that if it senses the water is ran for over 2 min it shuts dispenser down , in order to unlock the control you have to reprogram it:
1. First, press the door alarm and freezer "-" simultaneously.
2. Release the door alarm but continue on pressing Freezer "-". You'll se PE_ _ _ _.
3. Press Freezer "-" until PE #### shows on the panel.
4. Using Freezer "+" to move cursor, Refrigerator "+" and "-" to change numbers, bring all numbers to "0".
5. Press Freezer "-" until PE and numbers blink.
6. Unplug refrigerator for 45 seconds, never beyond 1 minute or you'll have to start over.
7. Inside your refrigerator look for CODE #### which is at the right of the serial number.
8. Afterwards, plug back in your refrigerator.
9. Again you have to press Door Alarm and Freezer "-" at the same time, then release Door Alarm but continue to press Freezer "-".
10. Using the same method as above, enter the four digit CODE number you found.
11. Press Freezer "-" until PE and numbers blink. You have just reset your panel. Unplug for 45 seconds. Plug in refrigerator and you should now have full use of your door panel.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 03, 2011
The electronics behind the touchpad may have failed. You usually change the whole panel/pod as a single item - could be expensive and perhaps something else has failed, so it could be a waste. First check all connections to it are dry and not corroded. if they are OK Try to buy a used panel/pod on ebay, then change it
Posted on Dec 14, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2013 | Refrigerators
You can get
required parts from online sites like:
--- www.repairclinic.com or from searspartsdirect online site.
----------- This should help.
Jul 28, 2011 | Refrigerators
To Lock Out Press the LOCK Touch Pad for 3-5 seconds. A Red light will appear above
the Touch Pad.
Press the LOCK Touch Pad for 3-5 seconds until the Red light above the
Touch Pad goes out.
Household water line valve is not open. -open valve
Freezer door is not closed-Close door tight
Ice & water filter cartridge is clogged-replace filter
Front filter not fully installed, if equipped-Push filter until you hear a CLICK. filter should be FLUSH with cabinet
Here is a link to the user manual.
Hope this helps
Please rate FIXYA
May 26, 2011 | Frigidaire Gallery Series GLHS269ZDB 36"...
May 02, 2011 | Electrolux Refrigerators
Jul 08, 2010 | Frigidaire GLRS237ZA Side by Side...
Feb 26, 2010 | LG LRSPC2031 Side by Side Refrigerator
Nov 15, 2009 | Refrigerators
Nov 07, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Jun 26, 2008 | Kenmore TRIO 77314 Side by Side Bottom...
Jan 08, 2007 | Maytag 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!