- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you should be able to access the menu on the mp3 this should allow you to select the music setting this should get you back on to the recorded one hope this is some help for you..............................
Press the MENU and turn it on, as soon as the word RIO shows on the
screen release the power button but do not release the MENU
button until it says upgrading Plug the USB cord to it and install Rio Forge Firmware_120 Turn the mp3 off then on normally Put the music back on your mp3 and it SHOULD be fixed. but your music will be gone..
This happened to my player also. To fix it, you have to go to the rio website and download the most recent firmware for whatever model mp3 player you have. I went to: http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/rio/product.asp?model=265&SKU=90260558) Next install.
Plug in your player to your USB to your computer - BUT (and here's the important part) you need to hold down the menu key while plugging it in. Keep holding until it powers up AND the word "UPGRADER" shows on the screen.
Now, run the firmware upgrade program and follow the directions and it will see your player and upgrade the firmware (yes, even if it's the same firmware version.) You'll have to run the .exe file to get the upgrades onto your player. Unplug the player and it should be like new!
1. go to http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/r....asp?prodID=213 and download update 1.33
2. install update in C:\RioForge\Flash133
3. run RioForgeFlash_133.exe from C:\RioForge\Flash133
4. press Rio Forge menu button and turn the unit on. "upgrader" will appear on screen.
5. plug USB cable to RioForge.
6. click "next" on Rio Upgrade Wizard. Wizard will detect your player. Select and click "next". Upgrade will take place.
7. Unplug Rio Forge from USB and turn it on.