Question about Audio Shelf Systems
Lost all power while it was playing a cd does not work with batteries or electricity took apart and checked circuit boards found nothing think possible power transformer but not sure how to test it . any suggestion would be helpful thanks
Does your stereo have a childs lock? If it does; why? Anyway the cd open button could be defected. Possibily a loose connection on the cd open switch on the inside of the unit. Also dose the remote have this function? Check the battery. Clean the remote sensor on the front of the remote and on the stereo.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
You can take a dry q-tip and clean off the lens of the laser assy. This is all that a consumer can do. Otherwise take it to a repair shop.
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
Open it up and check for internal fuses, if any in there, test with a wire, bulb and battery. The values (voltage and amperage) will be on the fuses or next to the fuse holders. Also look for any obvious burnt components like diodes( small bleck tripods) and capacitors(coloured "tubes" with a wire at each end) and resisters(like capacitors but with coloured stripes on). Obviously it will be cost dependent.
And most important UNPLUG BEFORE OPENING and be cautious as capacitors may be small but they can hold a very high voltage for a long time.
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
Well, I disassembled the unit carefully. And I've found that diode SR303 was blown. It's very easy to find near huge pulse-code converter chip. This diode is used at power supply stabilization for amplifier that has a D-class i.e. pulse-code amplifier, and for CD part. Testing of this diode confirmed that it's dead. After a couple of days received the diode from shop, is very cheap. Changing the diode recovered all the functions of the unit. Now it works fine.
Resume: The diode was burned as a result of incorrect connection to line input. The owner of the unit haven't seen that a volume level was at maximum. The connection of line input overloaded the maximum current capacity of the diode and it was blown. As for it, I've seen that in that circuit in reality must be used a stabilization chip, that is not so cheap like a diode. I think it's a constructor's error to change the chip, that is overload protected, to a simple diode.
Waiting that my info will be useful because it´s a most vulnerable part of JVC CA-FSX3. And don't overload the amplifier!
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2013 | Harman Kardon JVC UXG50 Micro Stereo...
Mar 03, 2013 | JVC MXKB30 300W 3-Disc CD Shelf System...
Mar 24, 2012 | JVC MXKC4 360-Watt Compact Component Audio...
May 17, 2010 | JVC HX-D7 DVD Compact Stereo Audio / Video...
Oct 21, 2009 | JVC MXKC4 360-Watt Compact Component Audio...
Jul 24, 2009 | JVC Audio Shelf Systems
Oct 23, 2016 | Sony MHC-MG310AV Shelf System
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: