Question about Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel Bagged Upright Vacuum
The lock that keeps the dirt cup (canister) in place will not slide to the lock position. It is only 1 month old. I have tried pushing up gently with dirt cup, tried repostioning the bottom of the dirt cup. Nothing seems to help. It seems stuck. A couple of times it worked with a little exerted effort so I thought it was just jammed or had dirt or somthing lodged in it. Now it will not go back to the locked position and I can not vacuum. I paid $300 and have had it 1 1/2 months. I am very frustrated now.
It may have to be taken off and then re-installed, but if it is only 1 and 1/2 old, then it is under warranty. There is a full year on Hoover vacuums. Just take proof of purchase with you and take it to a warranty repair shop. You should have their 1-800 to call and find the closest shop. Warranties are void if you temper with it.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2014 | Hoover Nano Cyclonic Compact Bagless...
Jun 28, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
1. Remove the dirt cup canister from the vacuum. Remove the dirt cup lid.
2. Remove the primary foam filter. Rinse the filter under running water until it runs clear. Allow 24 hours to air dry outside of the vacuum.
3. Slide the Hepa filter out. Tap the filter against the trash can until dirt stops falling. Replace the Hepa filter. (Do not wash) Filters should be replaced once a year.
4. Remove the hose from both ends. Use a broom stick to gently loosen and clear any clogs from hose.
5. Remove the bottom plate and brushroll. Use a wooden spoon or something similar to loosen and remove any clogs from the lower hose.
6. Check that the brushes are still spinning. If not, replace the belt.
Hope this helps!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind...
May 15, 2014 | VAX Appliances Vacuums
Oct 02, 2009 | Hoover U5753-900 WindTunnel Bagless...
Jun 29, 2009 | Bissell 3102-0 EasyVac Upright Vacuum
Jan 29, 2009 | Hoover Ultra U6430-900 WindTunnel Bagged...
Dec 03, 2008 | Hoover U5753-900 WindTunnel Bagless...
Oct 15, 2006 | Hoover U6630-900 WindTunnel Bagless...
Jun 30, 2014 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!