Re: cannot uninstall AntiVirus or dowload from the...
You might try restoring the system to a previous date. If you've done that and you still get the AVG error do a manual uninstall by deleting the program from your local hard drive (C:) then go into the registry using regedit(be careful doing this if you dont comfortable, then by all means do not attempt this step, you could possibly corrupt your operating system)type regedit in the "run" bar of the start menu . once opened search for AVG delete all of these strings, reboot and reinstall AVG. If this doesnt work we can go from there but this will most likley work.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually this error code (error 0xE001D027) appears when you have installed the AVG after you have un-installed a previous antivirus or an Internet security package. What I'd suggest you: # download and install Revo Uninstaller from HERE (it's the BEST UNISTALLER I've ever known) # uninstall AVG (already installed) and any LEFTOVERS from the previously installed ANTIVIRUS/INTERNET SECURITY SOFTWARE # when all it will be done REINSTALL AVG
AVG Antivirus is a popular security software that is available both in free and paid versions. There can be many reasons for you to uninstall AVG Antivirus from your computer. Some of the most common reasons are:
* You want to upgrade to the latest AVG Antivirus version and you are unable to do so without uninstalling the current version. * The AVG Antivirus installation is corrupt and you want to uninstall and then reinstall it to repair the issues. * You feel the AVG is slowing down your PC and you want to opt for lighter antivirus software such as Antivirus Plus.
If you cannot uninstall AVG Antivirus using the Add or Remove Programs utility available in the Control Panel, you may use one of the following methods to uninstall AVG Antivirus from the system:
Using AVG Remover Tool
1. Open AVG Tools Download web page. 2. Here, search for and download the AVG Remover tool for the AVG software you have installed on your computer. 3. After the download is complete, use this utility to uninstall AVG Antivirus from the system.
You may be asked to restart your PC a few times during the removal process. So, it is best to use this feature when you are not doing any other work on your computer.
When you uninstall AVG Antivirus software by using the AVG Remover tool, the following related files and folders are removed from the system:
* All AVG user * Virus Vault content * User files * Registry entries * Any other information related to AVG
AVG Remover tool removes a lot of data related to AVG from your computer. During this process, the chances are quite high that some essential Windows or user file is removed. This is the reason why, you must use this method only if you cannot remove AVG using Add or Remove Programs.