Graphics lagging, stuttering in world of warcraft
Try this once
World of Warcraft System Requirements
The World of Warcraft system requirements are impressive. World of Warcraft requires a large amount of memory, hard drive space and, above all, a solid
For a Windows system, the minimum World of Warcraft system requirements are as follows:
- Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz processor
- at least 512 MB of RAM,
- 32 MB graphics card,
- DirectX 9.0,
- 6.0 GB of hard drive space
- 4x CD-ROM
- 56k internet connection.
However, the recommended World of Warcraft system requirements are substantially higher:
- Intel Pentium IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz processor
- 1024 MB of RAM
- 64 MB 3D graphics card
- broadband internet connection
- A two-button, scroll-wheel mouse is also recommended.
Millions of players connect daily to the World of Warcraft servers, and the amount of information being transferred from any one computer to the main terminals is enormous. But with all of these numbers and with all of these devices, frequent gamers know they will need to go above the minimal system requirements to experience the game fully. The minimal World of Warcraft system requirements only guarantee the game to run; they do not guarantee the game to run in a playable fashion.
There are some other known issues to keep in mind
- Some video cards may experience problems displaying certain textural effects while playing. Graphic issues may include colors shimmering across static textures, textures that appear solid green or white, and patches of texture or even geometry that are invisible.
- World of Warcraft/Burning Crusade requires the latest version of DirectX.
- Also, it is important that your video drivers are up-to-date and compatible with the latest version of DirectX. Outdated or incompatible video drivers can cause a variety of video and game play issues.
Something else you should keep in mind is that World of Warcraft had multiple expansion packs and down-loadable patches and these are also a factor into the World of Warcraft system requirements. Overtime, the specifications have shifted, and will keep shifting in the future; what was once acceptable to run the original game is no longer adequate for some expansions and patches. This will force players to upgrade their computers, if they wish to run the latest versions of the game. Gamers really have no choice; in order to compete, they must have the latest World of Warcraft software and a system that meets at least the recommended requirements; otherwise, you will keep stumbling around.
Apr 23, 2010 |