Question about Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-665CW All-In-One InkJet Printer
Fax machines are sorta like printers, sorta like scanners, and sorta like dial up modems all wrapped into one expensive box.
1. First thing to make sure of is that you are hooked to a phone line. most fax machines have a phone handset that you can make calls from. Call someone and make sure that works. If So, you are able to connect to phone networks, and should have no trouble sending or receiving data. If you have a dead line or no sound, check the line and check the power. (its always the easy stuff that is overlooked, just check it and make sure).
2. If this fax machine has computer interface, (usb port or parallel cable port), see if you can scan with it. Drop a document into the scan area and see if the computer can scan an image from the scanner. If the scanner works, you can scan images into the fax machine to be sent to the fax number. (If your fax machine does not have a scan to computer feature, skip this.)
3. if your fax machine has a print from pc feature, try to print a document to it from your computer. If you can print, then the printer works, and you can receive faxes. (if your fax machine does not have a pc printing feature, skip this)
4. Here is how a typical fax machine works. You place the document or image into the scanner feed area. You press a big button that usually says "fax" and then, a screen pops up saying to dial the number. You dial the number and press SEND. once you press Send, the machine will scan the document, dial the number and sing a little dial up modem song awaiting a response from the receiving machine. the receiving machine acknowledges the fax, and the singing is no longer audible (but it continues because the modem song is actually data transmission/reception). after about 20-60 seconds, the fax completes and the call ends. As for the particular model you have, the functions should be about the same, though the buttons and arrangements may be different. FYI, you can send a fax straight from the PC too, if you have a dial-up fax/modem card.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
If you need printed confirmation that your faxes were successfully sent, follow these instructions to enable fax confirmation before sending any faxes. Select either On Fax Send or Send & Receive.
The default fax confirmation setting is Off. This means that the HP All-in-One will not print a confirmation report for each fax sent or received. A confirmation message indicating whether a fax was successfully sent appears briefly on the display after each transaction.
To enable fax confirmation from the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press 2, and then press 3.
This selects Print Report and then selects Fax Confirmation.
3. Press to select one of the following, and then press OK.
Off Does not print a fax confirmation report when you send and
receive faxes successfully. This is the default setting.
On Fax Send Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send.
On Fax Receive Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you receive.
Send & Receive Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send and
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 03, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Aug 14, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 4315 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 17, 2009 | Lexmark F4270 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Dec 10, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 10, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2017 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-665CW...
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!