The above is for a Pixma MP830, I'm guessing that this is what you meant by the 830 model.
Black ink does not print
The Print Head may need replacing - MP830
Replacing the print head
The print head may need replacing if, after all print head and ink tank troubleshooting has been performed:
If your printer is still under warranty
- The nozzle test appears broken or to have horizontal white streaks.
- One or more of the colors is missing from the Nozzle Test.
- The colors are incorrect on the Nozzle Test.
- A print head error is indicated on the unit.
- The printer powers off when the print head is installed.
You may resolve the issue by taking your printer to an Authorized Service Facility ( Find a Service Location
) , or,
For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1 (800) 828-4040 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.. EST, excluding holidays).
If your printer is no longer under warranty
For technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1 (800) 828-4040 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. If it is determined that the problem you are experiencing is due to a failure of the printer's hardware, the pay for support charge will be canceled. If your out of warranty printer is determined to have a hardware problem, you have the option to purchase, at discounted pricing and free next business day shipping , a new or refurbished product from our current product line, which includes units with Canon?s new ChromaLife inks, PIXMA Technology, and a limited manufacturer?s warranty.
- You may purchase a print head* through an Authorized Service Facility ( Find a Service Location) , or by calling 1-800-828-4040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-828-4040 end_of_the_skype_highlighting between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. midnight, EST, Monday through Sunday. When calling, speak the phrase "order parts" when the speech routing system asks the reason for your call. You will immediately be routed to the Parts Desk for assistance. Be sure to have your model number (MP830) or part number (QY6-0061-010) ready for the sales person.
* Please be aware that a print head may not correct the issue and the part is not returnable.